Spurs’ new stadium

The PL isn't an independent organisation. It IS the clubs. There might be a few clubs that are pissed off ( I can guess who!) but a sufficient number aren't.
Yes, but you still haven't had 14 clubs vote in favour and the longer this goes the more you piss off.

Both and the date they were told. Apparently they're convinced spurs knew back in February the match wouldn't be at WHL and the club feel they were lied to.

The fixture list wasn’t out back in Feb, but I take you to mean they knew back in Feb it’d be another year so should have made plans before the fixture list came out and the season started?

Yes, but you still haven't had 14 clubs vote in favour and the longer this goes the more you piss off.

I doubt that Spurs care about pissing off other clubs any more than any other club cares about pissing off other clubs. At the risk of repeating myself in answer to your initial query, though, the point remains that Spurs will not and cannot be docked points until they do something that is in serious breach of the rules and that doesn't have special dispensation.

Both and the date they were told. Apparently they're convinced spurs knew back in February the match wouldn't be at WHL and the club feel they were lied to.

They can be convinced as much as they like. Doesn't mean it's the truth.

I doubt that Spurs care about pissing off other clubs any more than any other club cares about pissing off other clubs. At the risk of repeating myself in answer to your initial query, though, the point remains that Spurs will not and cannot be docked points until they do something that is in serious breach of the rules and that doesn't have special dispensation.
As I understand the rules if Spurs play all their home games at Wembley they'd be safe. If they don't, they're liable to any club willing to challenge.

As I understand the rules if Spurs play all their home games at Wembley they'd be safe. If they don't, they're liable to any club willing to challenge.

Challenge what, though? Spurs have special dispensation to play games at Wembley until the new stadium is ready. That dispensation cannot now be withdrawn and 'punishment' (in the form of points deduction or otherwise) be meted out retrospectively. The most that can happen is that PL clubs could decide that, beyond a certain date, Spurs must play all games at Wembley for the remainder of the season. That hasn't yet happened.

CFC fans can laugh all they want at Spurs' current stadium predicament.
However I suspect when its open they will look with envious eyes from across London when comparing their 70's crumbling edifice and hotel (artistic licence) with what Spurs can offer.
It does look a fantastic venue and I agree that Levy has carefully considered the current outlay and ensured the stadium is a "premium" venue at a not inconsiderable cost for a reason or two.
As has been said once its open nobody will give a flying fuck about the delays particularly Spurs fans.
I think only one of the four stands is from the 70s. Or did you claim artistic licence as you didn't know when they were built.
As for the new WHL, yes it will be a fantastic venue, but I think Spurs fans will be a bit pissed off when the mounting costs prevent them strengthening. And also when leaving the ground as the roads and public transport struggled with 35,000 in and there's been sod all work carried out to cope with an extra 25,000.

I think only one of the four stands is from the 70s. Or did you claim artistic licence as you didn't know when they were built.
As for the new WHL, yes it will be a fantastic venue, but I think Spurs fans will be a bit pissed off when the mounting costs prevent them strengthening. And also when leaving the ground as the roads and public transport struggled with 35,000 in and there's been sod all work carried out to cope with an extra 25,000.

Once in the new stadium, Spurs will have more money to spend on player purchases and wages than they do now. Remember that they have a net spend on transfer fees of nigh on zero over the past 7-8 years. So there will be no change for the worse in that respect.

Agreed that getting to and from the stadium won't be easy with an extra 26K fans. But the idea is that the added attractions of the new stadium and eventual wider development will encourage fans to stay longer after games. I can't see that working for night games or if Spurs have lost but it should help to ease some of the congestion after weekend games. Added to which, there have been track improvements at Northumberland Park - which will mean double the number of trains from that station - and there are ongoing station and train improvements at White Hart Lane, which will mean the capacity to move a greater number of people in any given period. Further ahead (2030 and on), it is expected that Northumberland Park will be one of the stations on Crossrail 2.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.