Champions League ban?

Our standards would probably drop if we were out of the CL for a year, that's where the team strive to improve really, as we have the beating of everyone domestically.

They've already ruled that AC Milan's ban was disproportionate for losing 100m in one season with a positive trend.
I would imagine rapid steps are being taken to appoint Gill onto the board of CAS, he gets where olive oil wouldn’t.

I can't believe anyone seriously thinks it would be a good thing to be banned from the CL. There won't be any positives from it at all.
Be able to concentrate on a domestic treble which has never been done before
Be able to concentrate on getting as close to 114 points as possible
Will only play a maximum of 50 games in the season so players should have no problems with fatigue and should be raring to go the following season when we're back in it
We won't have to endure the group stages for a year which are often worse for intensity and atmosphere (and even crowd size) than early round League Cup games against lower league opposition
I personally will be able to stay in my own seat for all games (i'm moved in the CL)

They are the positives i can think of, i bet you other people will be able to match that with the same number of different ones.

I think we should win back to back titles before anyone on here talks about three in a row.
Very good point!

In fact we should just be concentrating on winning at Chelsea only, first.

But i would like a year off from the CL, i don't like the comp and i'm sure the club can survive a year without its revenue (because, really, that is the only reason anyone wants to be in it anymore)

Handle The Massiah - ironically!

He's not the Messiah.................
And it's Handel.

It was also played at the Queen's (Gawd bless her) coronation.

It's not actually Handel, it's by an English composer, but it is based on Handel. Not the Messiah though...Zadok the Priest (which is the one played at the coronation as said above)

Booooooooooooo! :-)

Kompany, Silva and Aguero have all said their #1 ambition in football is to win the Champions League.

I don't know how anyone would manage to celebrate the club being banned from Europe knowing that it would end the chances of 3 of our best players from trying to fulfill that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.