Playing the guitar?

Copying songs by ear generally means you have a natural talent for music, it’s not something hobbyist can do.

Mate of mine is in a group, “A Band Called Jack”, great musicians and have played decent local venues (and supported Paulo Ntini at the Castlefield Bowl), however commercial success is so difficult. Have a listen

Did/are you earning a living from it or just treat it as a passion and a hobby?

Got to know these young guys after hearing them jam in a pub. There was a competion by Creative Scotland in Glasgow, to get a few songs recorded. I advised them to get a demo of a song and enter and they won one of the slots. Here’s the result. I think they’re really good.

https://m.soundcloud.com/lloyd_glen

Got to know these young guys after hearing them jam in a pub. There was a competion by Creative Scotland in Glasgow, to get a few songs recorded. I advised them to get a demo of a song and enter and they won one of the slots. Here’s the result. I think they’re really good.

https://m.soundcloud.com/lloyd_glen
Like it, wouldn’t be out of place in a New Orleans Blues Club at 1am in the morning, whisky in hand.

The first thing you need to do if you haven't already is get someone with more experience who knows what they are looking for when you go to buy a guitar...It will save you loads of ball ache and possibly a few quid...Never pay the asking price.

The first thing you need to do if you haven't already is get someone with more experience who knows what they are looking for when you go to buy a guitar...It will save you loads of ball ache and possibly a few quid...Never pay the asking price.
Good point. very true.

play whats in your head. get your fingers to replicate the notes you hear. thats the quickest way to playing guitar solos. hum some notes, then try to play them exactly as you hummed them.

then listen to mononeon + jacob collier + prince + oscar peterson as music people, not just from a guitar point of view.

which guitar did you get then
7aeef2f0-9ec3-4fed-bdd2-48c32a485bde_1.b07360cb6763d2bb278222ab75a0b85a.jpeg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.