When are you finishing for Xmas and how long for?

I cannot understand how half the country has a fortnight off work over the Xmas/NY period.

We get hols taken off us for Xmas shutdown, for this year its 3 days for the Xmas week and 1 for New Years Eve.

It's cheaper to shutdown than having everything turned on onsite to provide for a skeleton staff.

Our latest finish date is next Friday but I'm taking time back to finish next Wedesnday and then not back in until Weds 2nd so 2 weeks off.

I finish at work on Tuesday 18th at 6am,but I am on a first aid refresher 20th and 21st. I go back on the night of the 2nd January

All but Christmas and Boxing Day.

Can some of you lucky people who will be spending the entire festive period with your feet up.....please inform me what your occupation is? and more aptly,are there vacancies at your place?

All but Christmas and Boxing Day.

Can some of you lucky people who will be spending the entire festive period with your feet up.....please inform me what your occupation is? and more aptly,are there vacancies at your place?
I have saved up a wedge of annual holidays, and also some TOIL for worked weekends/bank holidays earlier in the year. I'm likely to be working away for a lot of Apr and Jun/Jul next year, and some odd days later in the year; around 12 weeks in total but possibly more (UK and USA, also possibly AUS), so I'm taking as much as I can now.

I have saved up a wedge of annual holidays, and also some TOIL for worked weekends/bank holidays earlier in the year. I'm likely to be working away for a lot of Apr and Jun/Jul next year, and some odd days later in the year; around 12 weeks in total but possibly more (UK and USA, also possibly AUS), so I'm taking as much as I can now.
Fair play mate,sounds well earned.

Half day Christmas eve, back new years eve. First Christmas Day in about 7 years not spent on my own

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.