What are you listening to.................RIGHT NOW!!!

Is 'Newsted' the name of his band?
Newstead is the name of the band - Heavy Metal Music was the sole album they released, about 5 years ago.

An extremely excellent offering - putting to shame much of the late Metallica drivel. Unfortunately, Jason Newstead has not pursued further recordings/tours with this band/genre - Jason currently seems to be disinterested in heavy/speed metal.

You can listen to the full Heavy Metal Music album on youtube:

Newstead is the name of the band - Heavy Metal Music was the sole album they released, about 5 years ago.

An extremely excellent offering - putting to shame much of the late Metallica drivel. Unfortunately, Jason Newstead has not pursued further recordings/tours with this band/genre - Jason currently seems to be disinterested in heavy/speed metal.

Cheers, mate. I'll check that out this evening.

Just listened to 'As The Crow Flies' and 'King Of The Underdogs' some good stuff there, mate. But, it's very much a Metallica b-side. I can understand the similarities as he played bass with them for so long. But the lyrical style and riffs are too similar. Jason offers too many silly facials watching him in those videos - it's a bit annoying watching him. Decided to listen to 'Soldierhead' without watching the video - - - -not bad. I am open-minded and will give a few more of their songs a go.

Just listened to 'As The Crow Flies' and 'King Of The Underdogs' some good stuff there, mate. But, it's very much a Metallica b-side. I can understand the similarities as he played bass with them for so long. But the lyrical style and riffs are too similar. Jason offers too many silly facials watching him in those videos - it's a bit annoying watching him. Decided to listen to 'Soldierhead' without watching the video - - - -not bad. I am open-minded and will give a few more of their songs a go.
Agreed.

Lyrically Newstead isn't in the same caliber as Metallica; and yeah... the videos weren't exactly great :-).

Still, HMM is a solid debut - I wish that Jason would continue the project.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.