Hoffenheim (H) Post Match Thread

Just back from tne stadium, wow what a fabulous game of football! Absolutely potty! Slow start, then we clicked into gear. Hats off to Hoffenheim for playing such an open game and they are technically good too. Most enjoyable game for me of the season kn sheer entertainment value. Sane's 1st goal, worth the admission alone, Laporte's cruyff turns going forward ditto, Foden's volley ditto, the 3 on their keeper breakaway then messing it up ditto and Ederson's tip round the post ditto. Not our A game, obviously, silva, kdb, ferna, kun and mendy all out innured, but a joy to be there. With our chances and theirs it could have been 8-3. Great fun!

Wow the praise of Foden was surprising, absolutely woeful in possession. Not a problem because he’s got bags of potential and will be a future star for us but for me especially first half he looked out of depth. I love how direct Sterling has become, even if he loses it at times tonight when we was struggling him driving at defenders can make things happen. Job done

He gave the ball away 3 or 4 times if you think thats being out of his depth maybe it was him trying to hard and like a great player he will become he climatized to the flow of the game and was very good second half, oh he is 18.

Glad we topped.

Sane, what a talent. Really hope he becomes increasingly consistent soon. Time's on his side though.

Think this game proves Phil needs games. Second half as he got used to the game was superb. Pleased Pep gave him the full 90. Thought Gab never stopped running and his head never went down. Leroy is going to be world class. Bernie not his usual self last few games don’t know if he is still carrying an injury. Not a lover of rotation in the defence it shows. Stonesy is a player who needs to play regularly. Enjoyed the game and good to see a side come to play, now for the very long drive home but worth it.

Lineker asking the question of Ederson vs Alisson at the end of the BT coverage there. Joleon answered Ederson without hesitation. McPointy mumbled about the national team situation meaning Alisson "must be" better.

I'm tired of going over the fact that Alisson just got the nod first because Ederson was over in Portugal in his youth development. Ederson hasn't really had a look in since then, just a few one off appearances where he's done nothing wrong but unless Alisson has a shocker they aren't going to change anything. Spoilt for choice was a good way to call it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.