The Boxing thread

Brook’s shot to pieces. His desperation for a cash out fight against khan is embarrassing. I’ve no interest in watching them fight, five years after they should’ve done. He can call out all the big names he wants post fight on sky but nobody believes he wants them - the silence from his home crowd was notable as he trotted out his usual nonsense.

The thing is with Brook he always talks about fighting the big names but when he should’ve fought elite guys in the period after he beat porter he just lined up one bum after another.

Brook’s shot to pieces. His desperation for a cash out fight against khan is embarrassing. I’ve no interest in watching them fight, five years after they should’ve done. He can call out all the big names he wants post fight on sky but nobody believes he wants them - the silence from his home crowd was notable as he trotted out his usual nonsense.

The thing is with Brook he always talks about fighting the big names but when he should’ve fought elite guys in the period after he beat porter he just lined up one bum after another.

Think we've missed the boat with Kell & Khan now. Even before last night's performance, KB said he can no longer make welter and 154 would be a fair compromise. Khan has been chasing Manny for years and will hope that he beats Broner in Jan, not saying he deserves a shot but keeps his options open. Kell was awesome the night he beat Porter but never seemed to step up, respect for going in with GGG & Spence but clearly out classed. Shaun Porter has moved on since he lost too Kell, great win over Danny Garcia and will probably fight EP next if he beats Mickey Garcia. Thurman is another option for Spence along with Crawford, who i rate highly.

Oh my money would be on Khan in that fight, don't worry. But he's very capable of beating himself on the wrong night.

Only maidana I can think of that packs a punch that khan hasn’t been ko’d By. He’ll out box absolutely any fucker he’s brilliant, but unlike what we saw from fury getting planted then taking his time cool calm and collected getting back to his feet. Khan does the opposite, gets chinned, panics, starts wobbling around the ring which inevitably ends with amir sparko in a heap. He seems to have hardly any resistance in that chin which is why I’d go for brook

Just seen Freddie Roach doing the dirty on Ben Davison saying if he was in charge of the corner Fury would have knocked him out etc, not fair on the young lad at all.

https://www.itv.com/news/2018-12-11...h-haymon-sports-and-premier-boxing-champions/

“ITV is delighted to announce today a ground-breaking new deal with Haymon Sports and Premier Boxing Champions (PBC) to bring exclusive coverage of exciting PBC world-class boxing events to ITV viewers and fight fans in the UK.

The unique collaboration is the first time that Haymon Sports and PBC has partnered with a UK broadcaster to stage boxing events regularly in the UK. The exclusive three-year deal will guarantee a minimum of 15 televised events each year”

Just seen Freddie Roach doing the dirty on Ben Davison saying if he was in charge of the corner Fury would have knocked him out etc, not fair on the young lad at all.

Ben Davison has worked miracles with Fury and deserved all the accolades he got. Freddie definitely brought more to the team than just cuts man, same with Hatton and his role. Sometimes it's just best to keep your trap shut & enjoy the moment. No need for Roach to say what he did.

Ben Davison has worked miracles with Fury and deserved all the accolades he got. Freddie definitely brought more to the team than just cuts man, same with Hatton and his role. Sometimes it's just best to keep your trap shut & enjoy the moment. No need for Roach to say what he did.

Thing is before the fight I expressed my doubts about Ben and even now some remain (confession I was away for the fight and still havent found anywhere to watch it, if anyone knows please PM!) but to make a play in public like Freddie has is outrageous and I hope Fury cancels any potential talks about him taking over.

I think Roach has a point in that Fury's 1-2 jab combos were hurting Wilder all fight, had he been more aggressive he could knock Wilder out. But actually Fury was a bit more attacking than most thought he'd be and way more than the Klitschko fight. Either way, absolutely no need for Roach to do that interview and talk in that way in public.

Roach was saying Ben gave the same instructions to the fighter that fought first, that wasn't televised as he did to Fury.

That fighter was Issac Lowe, someone I know a bit from around these parts. Issac won with a 5th round stoppage to win the WBC belt. So whatever advice Ben gave out that night, was pretty good advice for both fighters.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.