Everton (H) Post Match Thread

On the way back and Transport for Wales bless them put on two carriages!! Not sure what people watch sometimes. Completely in control and conserved a lot of energy in this game. Gundo has been great this last two games played really well. Eric is just a beast despite what was handed out to him today. Gabby is a total professional. Never complained when the goals did not come and his head NEVER went down. Some players could take a lesson from him. Really pleased he got the goals today. Sané again excellent and always good to see a player unhappy at being brought off. Kevin just getting his eye in and great to see him back. Not sure why Bernardo is not his usual self and also why Kyle does not seem to be as attacking. Left back still an issue but that is nit picking in a very good performance.

I feared this would be a very difficult game indeed and that we would need to play well to get the win in view of our injury list. In the end we did play well and deserved our win. We became only the second team this season to score 3 against them. They did create chances but recently they should have been two up at Anfield before their arch rivals got a look in and at the swamp, the Emirates and Stamford Bridge they had chances to win the game before conceding (though they got a 0-0 draw against Chelsea). They can be an inventive attacking force but finishing is their problem. We seem to find keeping a clean sheet hard, but I think this is down to loss of concentration because most of the goals we concede come out of the blue after long periods of City pressure. That isn't, of course, to say we can ignore the problem.

It was good to see Sergio and KdB on the bench and KdB coming on for 20 mins. Hopefully David will be back soon. Gabby getting back among the goals was good to see and hopefully there are many more to come. Ferna coming back in was an enormous boost.

Fernandinho, Gundogan, Sane and Jesus all contenders for MOTM.

God that was cold! Then got pissed wet through and spent half an hour on the shambles that is the Mancunian Way.

Onto the match. I thought we played quite well and had control for much of the match.

Jesus worked hard and got his rewards today. Gundogan and Silva decent but Sane best player again for me.

Defensively- the less said about Otamendi and Walker the better

Come on guys
Don't understand how we can complain.
4 major players missing from our starting 11 today and we still win against a good side where in the past we've struggled.
We're top of the league still in league cup through to last 16 champion league and a good 3rd round draw in the fa cup. On top of that utd will beat Liverpool tomorrow.
Great times ahead blues. I should know I've been watching city since 1967.
Onwards and upwards.

I hope that Muppet left the ballboys a good Christmas tip, the amount of extra work he made for them today.
Honestly, when the ball is on the ground and he's under any pressure at all he's no better than Joe Hart. He can hit that low drive out of his hands pretty accurately, but beyond that his distribution isn't even average, finding touch more often than a teammate

A big three points against a side we often struggle against and two more than we got last season. Puts the pressure back on Liverpool and i fancy us to be top by the end of the weekend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.