Puma - £650M shirt deal confirmed

All the big clubs care who sponsors their clothing, I doubt that Real Madrid, Barcelona, United, Bayern, will change their prestigious brand of sportswear to a less important when they are at the best moment in their history.
United changed several times during their successful period and the others can't change because they're tied into huge long-term deals.

The only thing football clubs care about is the money on offer and whether the kit supplier's distribution network is up to the job. Puma tick both boxes just fine.

As I said in a previous post, perhaps it's that City don't believe that Nike or Adidas would put their efforts into raising our visibility, where as with Puma, we are their number one sports team so they will
I'm not sure that really comes into it. I remember similar arguments when we signed with Nike, because we were the only PL team signed to them at the time. But it's not really their job to raise our visibility. If anything, it's the other way around.

As I said, we are now receiving market value for a club of our sustained success and profile
And we do need the extra €30m a year. Have you seen how much a really fucking average midfielder costs from Juventus?

30 million for City is the return they give in the super market when you go to buy beer. Actually I do not understand our policies of the people who manage our sales income, give our players at the price of eggs (Dzeko, Kolarov, Sancho, Tevez, Nasri, etc, etc, etc ...) and they are bothered not to receive 30 millions of one the best sports brands, they really are very wrong.

I'm not sure that really comes into it. I remember similar arguments when we signed with Nike, because we were the only PL team signed to them at the time. But it's not really their job to raise our visibility. If anything, it's the other way around.

We didn’t sign up to Nike they bought Umbro, mainly to get England, which they subsequently disclosed of, We then migrated to Nike. At the time Rags, Arse, and others in PL were with them also Barca

30 million for City is the return they give in the super market when you go to buy beer. Actually I do not understand our policies of the people who manage our sales income, give our players at the price of eggs (Dzeko, Kolarov, Sancho, Tevez, Nasri, etc, etc, etc ...) and they are bothered not to receive 30 millions of one the best sports brands, they really are very wrong.

Where are you getting £30 million from?
The deal with Puma is expected to be in the region of £60m per season which would be about 10% of our income

They all go with the money
Real Madrid is the jewel in Adidas' crown as is Barcelona to Nike
Adidas are shareholders in Bayern Munich

The money received for clothing is not something important for a multi-million dollar club like City, if you want to receive that money from sponsors, it will make a big difference when it comes to signing clubs like wolves, southampton, etc. but not us.

Coming from a sales background, it's really important to get your products in the best possible places in stores
Puma representitives will do this with City shirts over their other products

I like to have bits of City merch like a tracksuit top or hoodie but some of the current Nike offerings suck.

The Umbro gear from 2009/10 was top notch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.