Mourinho Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone an opinion on where this leaves Man Utd and the Premier League rules on wage bill increases.

I've mentioned this before. Rule E18 and E19 in the Premier League rules allow a club to raise their wage bill by £7m pa or more if revenue uplift allows. We know they are on £7m prior to Mourinho's sacking and Duncan Castle is reporting that the compensation due to Mourinho is £18m minimum and possibly around £24m. Man Utd are estimating revenue increases of £25m this season. That puts them in trouble in my opinion, but I'm not an accountant.

Does anyone have a view on this? My argument was dismissed before because of the revenue but Mourinho's compensation is likely to eat into that in its entirety.

Strikes me at the very least that they are going to be unable to make significant player purchases in Janaury as a result, and may even need to sell players.
It's compensation, it's a one off payment, not a regular salary. It won't count towards the wage increase limit.

Strikes me at the very least that they are going to be unable to make significant player purchases in Janaury as a result, and may even need to sell players.

You seem to have glossed over the revenue that will come from the sale of Pogba which will surely be part of this clear out

Should buy at least 3 bags of crisps and a coke anyway :-)

You seem to have glossed over the revenue that will come from the sale of Pogba which will surely be part of this clear out

Should buy at least 3 bags of crisps and a coke anyway :-)
Shouldn't that read 3 bags of coke and a crisp tenner to snort it through to take their pain away?

Anyone an opinion on where this leaves Man Utd and the Premier League rules on wage bill increases.

I've mentioned this before. Rule E18 and E19 in the Premier League rules allow a club to raise their wage bill by £7m pa or more if revenue uplift allows. We know they are on £7m prior to Mourinho's sacking and Duncan Castle is reporting that the compensation due to Mourinho is £18m minimum and possibly around £24m. Man Utd are estimating revenue increases of £25m this season. That puts them in trouble in my opinion, but I'm not an accountant.

Does anyone have a view on this? My argument was dismissed before because of the revenue but Mourinho's compensation is likely to eat into that in its entirety.

I haven’t a clue really but just a thought. Maybe they aren’t paying the comp out in a lump sum but as monthly payments as they have reportedly done with Moyes.

Oh well,it was fun while it lasted,now for the rag media to start throwing all sorts of names about and how the premier league need to watch out especially pep as utd will be back with a vengeance hahahahaha..I text a few friends earlier going on about how the rags now just splash large amounts of money on players (a scatter gun approach) just for the headlines and to be seen as still important..it’s gonna take a huge clear out and a number of transfer windows to get them anywhere relevant and that’s if they can entice a decent manager for what is now a poisoned chalice of a job ..fuck them ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.