Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

Somebody else about to go off piste but bear with as I explain the current justification of Raheems allegations against our institutionalised written press.

We all know what he said and what he posted in support which showed how the press report differently on black and white footballers - but he was also alluding to the wider society.

I have heard today how the press seems to have fallen out of love with Meghan ( Markle as was ) and there are claims that in order to make a royal story the press are pitching princess against princess - Meghan vs Kate - with what may or may not be truths about rifts in the Royal household. Now, if you will recall Harry stepped in to rebuff the press when there were stories highlighting his future wife's ethnicity - stamped it down and said he wasn't having racial undertones being raised in his relationship. It seems that, in order to make a story, the press are making one princess the "goody" and one the "baddie" - the baddie being the one who has "joined the firm" and is creating waves. Guess which one is the baddie ? Could it be that the institutional almost unknowing bias have been used in reporting these "stories"? Raheem has more than a point.

That all sounds so wonderfully Disney.

Somebody else about to go off piste but bear with as I explain the current justification of Raheems allegations against our institutionalised written press.

We all know what he said and what he posted in support which showed how the press report differently on black and white footballers - but he was also alluding to the wider society.

I have heard today how the press seems to have fallen out of love with Meghan ( Markle as was ) and there are claims that in order to make a royal story the press are pitching princess against princess - Meghan vs Kate - with what may or may not be truths about rifts in the Royal household. Now, if you will recall Harry stepped in to rebuff the press when there were stories highlighting his future wife's ethnicity - stamped it down and said he wasn't having racial undertones being raised in his relationship. It seems that, in order to make a story, the press are making one princess the "goody" and one the "baddie" - the baddie being the one who has "joined the firm" and is creating waves. Guess which one is the baddie ? Could it be that the institutional almost unknowing bias have been used in reporting these "stories"? Raheem has more than a point.
I think there is also a class bias at work. Nothing is more vicious than the British establishment.

So City win a cup tie on pens with a side full of youth players and one of the kids takes a great penalty to win it. What’s the main picture on the bbc website...? Zinchenko celebrating? The players huddled together cheering when the winner goes in? Pep smiling? The team clapping the fans? No....let’s make Raheem look bad.

_104869179_sterling.jpg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46516343

So City win a cup tie on pens with a side full of youth players and one of the kids takes a great penalty to win it. What’s the main picture on the bbc website...? Zinchenko celebrating? The players huddled together cheering when the winner goes in? Pep smiling? The team clapping the fans? No....let’s make Raheem look bad.

_104869179_sterling.jpg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46516343
If it had been Aguero for example, the picture would be the same. He was stupid for doing that, and the keepers reaction let him know. It was always going to be used as a photo regardless who it was.

I disagree, a missed pen for the victorious team surely can’t be the headline. He disguised his pen beautifully but the execution was off, no different to going left or right.

Not a word said about the cocky prick who was made to look a fool by the penalty takers.

I disagree, a missed pen for the victorious team surely can’t be the headline. He disguised his pen beautifully but the execution was off, no different to going left or right.

Not a word said about the cocky prick who was made to look a fool by the penalty takers.
It’s not about the missed pen though. It’s about the cockiness to take a pen like that, which failed, and the keepers reaction to that failure. I dare say had the keeper not reacted like that, the photo wouldn’t be there at all. It isn’t to do with sterling. It’s to do with the keepers reaction to the penalty.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.