Schalke Travel Plans

Out first thing Tuesday morning from Heathrow 07:00hrs to Dussledorf then back into Heathrow on Eurowings on Thursday night for £104 return staying at the Schumacher Hotel.. Job done... Actually its not, no match tickets yet, 63,000 capacity stadium so hoping there will be a few about..!

Out first thing Tuesday morning from Heathrow 07:00hrs to Dussledorf then back into Heathrow on Eurowings on Thursday night for £104 return staying at the Schumacher Hotel.. Job done... Actually its not, no match tickets yet, 63,000 capacity stadium so hoping there will be a few about..!
Capacity is cut for European games, as UEFA don't allow standing.

Should get about 3000 tickets for this hopefully, if that’s the case think most will get one . All the group games went on general sale , I don’t think they even sold out.

No worries, I’m confident I will get a ticket but you can’t hang around waiting as the flights and accommodation rocket up... Worst case scenario is I have 3 days on the piss with fellow Blues... Win Win Win

Should get about 3000 tickets for this hopefully, if that’s the case think most will get one . All the group games went on general sale , I don’t think they even sold out.
I am taking my 15 yr old to first euro away.
Hoping it goes low so we can get him a ticket.

Looking forward to this as it will be only my second Euro away. The first was Billy McNeill's first game as City manager in a friendly game at - if memory serves me - Pfungstadt FC. This was a one horse town outside Darmstadt, which is outside Frankfurt. I think there were about 30 of us at the match. City had been lined up for a bigger pre-season tournament but got booted out of it when we got relegated at the end of the 82/83 season. I was a teenager on the dole at the time and remember eking out the Deutschmarks during the trip. The journey back was interesting with just two of us on a ferry with ICF and a bunch of Liverpool scallies. I live in Belfast these days - hence the big gap between European aways.

Last edited:
Dusseldorf is a top city so would recommend as a base: Been several times now watching City in UCL and it’s great, even tops the German polls as one of the best places to live in the country. I’m out on Tuesday lunch with Eurowings back Friday early afternoon - from Manchester, not bad at £89 return. Nice break! Same apartment as last trip against Monchengladbach. It’s the best of the four opponents in terms of a February trip ..... the weather will be better in Europe when we go in April for the Quarters!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.