Liverpool thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best centre back in the world? Are you tripping? Is this the same centre back who gave us a penalty when he didn't need to dive in? Is this the same centre back who can't handle being closed down and hussled, like raheem did in the champions league last year? Virgil thinks Virgil is the best centre back in the world, we've conceded 3 more goals than them. Surely laporte is world class too?
Nah not buying into the Virgil love in, don't get me wrong he's a good quick physical player but world class? Nope nowhere near.
As well as getting all the decisions on the pitch the whole team are now individually world class....the morph into rags is complete.

It'll be funny come 3/01 when all the experts put together a joint side ....

They played ok last night but Wolves were bloody awful. Nothing like the intensity when they played us. I won’t even start on their shooting ability

Van Dijk is phenomenal. Possibly the best centre back in the world right now. With him playing this well, they are more than capable of keeping a clean sheet at the Etihad. Not confident of us doing the same however. At present I believe they will beat us on the 3rd. Something significant would need to change in the coming games for me to change my mind. I don’t think we’re playing good enough at the moment to beat them. Doesn’t mean the title would be over though, but it would be bloody difficult!

They could turn us over of course. But logic would suggest it's unlikely. We should have won at Anfield, and that was without KDB. Judging by the last 2 games at the Etihad, if the ref is somewhat fair and we take our chance, we win. No certainty of either of those of course.

Hey everyone,

Liverpool fan here, just wanted to pop in and say a few things. Not to cause arguements or sound like a dick (even though I probably will).

It's just about both fan bases, both sides have some real idiots and also some level headed posters which can be witnessed right here it this thread.

First the entitled crowd. I see a lot of people saying we are a bunch of entitled fuckers who think it's our God given right to win the league.

However a lot of you guys are pretty much doing exactly the same thing on here. All this crap about the title being yours to lose and were not good enough.

Well at the minute it's both of ours to lose and at the moment we certainly are good enough. As it stands, even if it's highly unlikely, if one of us win all of our games the team that does wins the league.

Next up is like to address those of you who keep banging the drum that we must be gutted about being unbeaten and still only finding ourselves 1 point ahead of you.

Surely if we flip it round the same can be said of you lot. You have battered most teams in front of you playing some amazing footy yet you are still behind us.

This point can also be made for those of you that keep saying we need to keep pace. Surely it's you lot who at the minute need to keep pace with us, we are ahead at the minute.

Next I'd like to address the whole footballing authorities helping us out with easy routes in cups. I'm guessing they must be helping you out this season and fixing things for you?

You got probably the two weakest teams in the Champs League and Carabao Cup in Schalke and Burton.

Next those of you who think we will run out of steam. We won't be able to keep the intensity up. Once the games come thick and fast we'll struggle.

Well we play much different to last season and dont expend nearly as much energy in our matches.

Plus you guys will probably have more games than us, so maybe you will run out of steam too.

Basically what I'm trying to say is a lot of you guys say a lot of the very things you criticise us for about city only you probably don't notice because you are so blinkered with your blue tinted glasses on.

Just like a lot of our fan base has with their rose tinted glasses on.

I personally think you lot will still have a bit too much for us over the course of the season (I hope you don't) but I don't think it's going to be a massive difference in points at the end of the season.

Plus even if we do fall short, the turn around in results from us in one season (so far) has been amazing and I'm made up we are both pushing eachother all the way so far.

Good luck for the rest of the season and I hope you do well, just not as well as us haha, and take a step back and listen to what the reasoned posters say. You know, the ones you shoot down and flame because they say it like it is.

Because most of them are right, this is going to be a tough season for both, we will push eachother close and we are not as naive as last year.

Last edited:
Van Dijk is phenomenal. Possibly the best centre back in the world right now. With him playing this well, they are more than capable of keeping a clean sheet at the Etihad. Not confident of us doing the same however. At present I believe they will beat us on the 3rd. Something significant would need to change in the coming games for me to change my mind. I don’t think we’re playing good enough at the moment to beat them. Doesn’t mean the title would be over though, but it would be bloody difficult!
I can’t make my mind up yet whether your recent posts are cold hard realism or glass half empty pessimism. The fact that we are out of form at the moment is undeniable (and at some point in every season inevitably, whether that be a good, bad or indifferent campaign) but to say that we are not good enough at the moment to beat them? Jan 3rd will answer this uncertainty, I think my current thoughts lean towards the latter opinion.

They are now a very good side. Whoever thinks they won't be there or thereabouts, IMO, is wrong. Yeah they have had some luck the last few months but they are putting on some great performances.
I honestly thought Wolves would get something last night but their shooting & final third passing awful & they got what they deserved.
But, the league is still in our own hands. On paper, we've played the 4 hardest games away from home & of course the dippers still have to come here at the end of the hectic Christmas schedule, but that schedule is just as hard for us as it is for them.
I'm still confident we'll be Champions again come May but feel this lot will be pushing right until the end.
Both teams will be dropping points before the season ends, I just think they will do more than we will.

Hey everyone,

Liverpool fan here, just wanted to pop in and say a few things. Not to cause arguements or sound like a dick (even though I probably will).

It's just about both fan bases, both sides have some real idiots and also some level headed posters which can be witnessed right here it this thread.

First the entitled crowd. I see a lot of people saying we are a bunch of entitled fuckers who think it's our God given right to win the league.

However a lot of you guys are pretty much doing exactly the same thing on here. All this crap about the title being yours to lose and were not good enough.

Well at the minute it's both of ours to lose and at the moment we certainly are good enough. As it stands, even if it's highly unlikely, if one of us win all of our games the team that does wins the league.

Next up is like to address those of you who keep banging the drum that we must be gutted about being unbeaten and still only finding ourselves 1 point ahead of you.

Surely if we flip it round the same can be said of you lot. You have battered most teams in front of you playing some amazing footy yet you are still behind us.

This point can also be made for those of you that keep saying we need to keep pace. Surely it's you lot who at the minute need to keep pace with us, we are ahead at the minute.

Next I'd like to address the whole footballing authorities helping us out with easy routes in cups. I'm guessing they must be helping you out this season and fixing things for you?

You got probably the two weakest teams in the Champs League and Carabao Cup in Schalke and Burton.

Next those of you who think we will run out of steam. We won't be able to keep the intensity up. Once the games come thick and fast we'll struggle.

Well we play much different to last season and dont expend nearly as much energy in our matches.

Plus you guys will probably have more games than us, so maybe you will run out of steam too.

Basically what I'm trying to say is a lot of you guys say a lot of the very things you criticise us for about city only you probably don't notice because you are so blinkered with your blue tinted glasses on.

I personally think you lot will still have a bit too much for us over the course of the season (I hope you don't) but I don't think it's going to be a massive difference in points at the end of the season.

Plus even if we do fall short, the turn around in results from us in one season (so far) has been amazing and I'm made up we are both pushing eachother all the way so far.

Good luck for the rest of the season and I hope you do well, just not as well as us haha, and take a step back and listen to what the reasoned posters say. You know, the ones you shoot down and flame because they say it like it is.

Because most of them are right, this is going to be a tough season for both, we will push eachother close and we are not as naive as last year.

And out they come.

title.png

Hey everyone,

That is pretty well balanced post for a red dipper! The only part I take issue with is the reference to measuring the two clubs by that 1 point difference. The handball against wolves, the freak last winner against Everton, the Mahrez pen miss add up to a 6 point lead for us. We are without doubt the best two teams in the country with a clear and increasing gap to third and this is a title race unlike last season but luck, decisions and injuries not withstanding we are better than you and should win the league. Ask the bookies.

EDIT: what’s with the username?!

Hey everyone,

Hmmmm even money you get to 5 posts.

Not a good start on here being a dipper let alone trying to wind up half the board.

Haven't you got a bus to throw something at?

Hey everyone,

That's quite an interesting and extended first post, and much of what you say is fair, but you haven't addressed the big issue, what's with all the fucking candles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.