Kyle Walker : 2018/19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Badly needs a rest, has played more minutes since the start of the season than any of our outfield players when you include internationals.

Can`t see Kompany in this role. Far to slow and not as athletic as you need to be. I can only hope Danilo stays fit or I suppose we could try Delph on the right and Zinchenko left... the other hope is against what he has said Pep goes out and buys!
I expected this response. For those of us who are old enough, Joe Mercer’s first signing back in the sixties was Tony Book. I think he was 33 or 34. He Captained our 1st division winning team in 1968 and won footballer of the year at 37. I think as long as we don’t expect him to charge up and down the touch line Vinny would be just fine. He could also play the DM role.

I expected this response. For those of us who are old enough, Joe Mercer’s first signing back in the sixties was Tony Book. I think he was 33 or 34. He Captained our 1st division winning team in 1968 and won footballer of the year at 37. I think as long as we don’t expect him to charge up and down the touch line Vinny would be just fine. He could also play the DM role.
That’s probably because Booky maybe didn’t smoke or drink as many pints as the winger he was marking the night before !!!

18 months ago we spent £130m on fullbacks.. so someone has got it totally wrong.
True, but (and this only my opinion) we haven’t bought well. The hierarchy at Spurs thought Walker was past his best when we bought him. Danilo and Mendy have spent more time injured than they have playing. I think Danilo looks pretty good. I have been less than impressed with Mendy who I think is just a quicker version of Kolarov.

We pissed away millions on centre backs before we got it right. We may have to do the same with the full backs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.