The Boxing thread

One thing I learnt is that Froch can’t score a fight, absurd scorecard.

I didn’t think it was a difficult fight to score. Warrington was clearly 3 or 4 rounds ahead. There was only a couple of rounds that could have been judged either way IMHO.

Frampton took too long to handle Warrington’s pressure and Josh was relentless in closing the gap between the fighters. Frampton handled the defeat with class tbf

I didn’t think it was a difficult fight to score. Warrington was clearly 3 or 4 rounds ahead. There was only a couple of rounds that could have been judged either way IMHO.

Frampton took too long to handle Warrington’s pressure and Josh was relentless in closing the gap between the fighters. Frampton handled the defeat with class tbf
Froch was at the 02 in London he was scoring the whyte vs chisora fight ,regarding the Frampton vs Warrington fight i had 9 rounds to 2 for Josh & 1 shared .

Froch was at the 02 in London he was scoring the whyte vs chisora fight ,regarding the Frampton vs Warrington fight i had 9 rounds to 2 for Josh & 1 shared .

I think Frampton had a good 7th round and the rounds in the second half of the fight were pretty evenly split. Josh clearly won the first 5 rounds IMHO that decided the fight and he had a good 8th when Frampton needed to dominate the second half of the fight.

I watched Carl in the ams. Sadly he is done in my opinion the link up with Jamie Moore hasnt worked for me. Frampton has the talent and the ability to beat Warrington with the right game plan. Tonight they went in thinking they could ko him. Carl is a great fighter on the back foot. He fought the wrong fight. I dont want to be disrespectful if you cant beat Warrington then getting the bigger fights with Santa Cruz and Gary Russell Jnr aint gonna happen. He was a great Super Bamtamweight with KO power but the move up the weight he has lost that power and is not the fighter he was at Super Bamtamweight. He is a smart lad Frampton has made his money and has been advised well by his people generally. Now if Frampton wants to fight on who he goes with now the Warren 3 fight deal is over. I just dont see him having the passion there to get back to the top of the game.

Saw an IFL interview with Frampton and he said, totally without making it an excuse, that he had a sore leg and couldn't move like he wanted to. Said he walked back to the corner after the first round and felt like he had a dead leg. It kinda makes sense because he said his plan was never to trade punches from the middle of the ring. The angles that Warrington creates are amazing, Frampton didn't know where the punches were coming from. I was watching both fights simultaneously and from what I saw I was pretty astonished by Warrington's punch count but I thought Frampton defended most of it and it was him that was hitting cleaner combos. Clearly didn't win but I don't think Frampton was that far away.

Saw an IFL interview with Frampton and he said, totally without making it an excuse, that he had a sore leg and couldn't move like he wanted to. Said he walked back to the corner after the first round and felt like he had a dead leg. It kinda makes sense because he said his plan was never to trade punches from the middle of the ring. The angles that Warrington creates are amazing, Frampton didn't know where the punches were coming from. I was watching both fights simultaneously and from what I saw I was pretty astonished by Warrington's punch count but I thought Frampton defended most of it and it was him that was hitting cleaner combos. Clearly didn't win but I don't think Frampton was that far away.
I also watched that interview & Frampton said he got buzzed so he had to just start trading with Warrington but that wasn't the plan he also said that he'd underestimated Josh he was a lot better fighter & punched a lot harder than he thought , Looking back now i dont think Carl fully recovered from the early onslaught the speed accuracy & combinations the punches where coming at him from all angles maybe his reflexes & timing have gone or certainly not what they once was they always say a fighter is the first to know but last to admit their time at the top level is up i dare anyone to watch that interview on ifl tv & not get choked up i had a right lump in my throat he was a top fighter in his prime but more importantly he seems a really nice lad very down to earth good luck to him whatever he chooses to do next .

Carl is finished. I know I should give Warrington more respect because thats twice now Ive fancied him to comfortably get beat and hes come through, but I just dont rate him at all hes just a grafter and I cant see anything different.

Gonna wait for the Chisora/Whyte card to go on normal sky before watching it next week. Was the Charlo card on UK tv I cant remember setting up to record it?

Two of the judges scored it 8-4 which I'd agree with. Warrington started and finished the fight better but the middle was 50/50.

Carl off the back foot is a great fighter he would pick them all off like he did with Santa Cruz. Moore i dont know just think the fit wasnt great between the team personally. I know him and Shane got on great and worked well together. Also him and Gerry Storey also done great. I think he needed a Adam Booth type of trainer to get the best out of him. Its clear the power didnt transfer up the weights for Carl what he can do there is fights out there for him to earn him more money if he wants to do them. Quigg 2 , Santa Cruz 3 will be talked about and also a Michael Conlan fight too that would sell big numbers. Carl i respect him so much travelled the world and won in style at times. Being the away fighter is always hard even if the fight was in Manchester and he brought most of the fans.

Carl off the back foot is a great fighter he would pick them all off like he did with Santa Cruz. Moore i dont know just think the fit wasnt great between the team personally. I know him and Shane got on great and worked well together. Also him and Gerry Storey also done great. I think he needed a Adam Booth type of trainer to get the best out of him. Its clear the power didnt transfer up the weights for Carl what he can do there is fights out there for him to earn him more money if he wants to do them. Quigg 2 , Santa Cruz 3 will be talked about and also a Michael Conlan fight too that would sell big numbers. Carl i respect him so much travelled the world and won in style at times. Being the away fighter is always hard even if the fight was in Manchester and he brought most of the fans.
My son was at the fight he said there was thousands from Leeds supporting for Warrington so don't know where you got that from .

I see kid Galahad ( Barry Awad ) is giving it large on twitter slagging Frampton off just being his usual disrespectful self if he achieves half of what carl has then he's had a great career but i can't see it myself fight fans will always view any success he has with suspicion after he served a ban for a failed drugs test .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.