Leicester v City post match

The feeling City have given me over this Christmas period I would imagine to be similar to that of being cheated on by your supermodel girlfriend you’ve been dating for 18 blissful months who got horrendously drunk at her office Christmas party and cheated on you.
well he can only do a better job, personally i think hes holding him back too much, unleash the beast!!!

Panicking won't help, when you have the right formula good results will follow. No excuses we were beaten again. A cocktail of poor, form, bad luck and rusty returning players led to us missing out again. Our worst performance for many a game. Leicester deserved it more than Chelsea & Palace, but still had to have one or two of their team play the best game of their careers. Still don't feel it's over.

We had four minutes stoppage time to rescue something but wasted at least two minutes passing backwards and sideways. Sticking to the plan had only worked once in the previous 90 minutes so why not go gung-ho and attack their box.
I know it's easy from the stands but our lack of intensity in the past two games have really pissed me off. And before some smart-arse twat starts going on about the third division; we were there because we were shite and had shite players, and the fans knew that. The same accusation can't be made of the current players and the fans want to see the players performing to their best.
Last season we dropped 14 points. This season we've dropped 13 in just 19 games. Oh well, a nice trip to Southampton to look forward to on Sunday.

Got back from the game today and had time to reflect. Like everyone else I had my own dissapoinment with certain players in particular the ones who didn't come over to the fans at the end of the game. I cannot see what Mahrez gives us at all as a starter or sub but maybe in time my view may change? However In a couple of weeks all this could be so different with a couple of league wins and a semi final 1st leg setting us up for the 2nd & Wembley. I will be down at Southampton hopefully coming back to enjoy the new year with 3 points and happy to turn sky sports And MOD on again. An early Happy New Year to everyone.

The fullbacks are key to all this bad form as well
I think it’s a but simplistic to says its all down the full backs. First and foremost, we have had a ridiculous number of injuries to key players. Even though KDB was back today it’s was clear he is not fully match fit. We are really missing Fernandinho. He is the glue that hold this team together and allows players like Merlin, Sterling, Sane and Bernie the freedom to be creative.Equally, we are really missing Merlin. He is the player whe creates the space and makes the killer passes to get the wingers in behind the opposition defence.

Our opponents have started doubling and tripling up on Sane and Sterling and are effectively cutting off the supply lines to Sergio, who is seeing nothing of the ball.

With regard to the fullbacks, we seem to have stopped sending them forward on the overlap , which was a significant attacking weapon. It doesn’t help that our fullbacks are not great defenders.

Even though though we have spent a lot of time on top of the league and scored a lot of goals, I don’t think we’ve really got into top gear that often this season. I don’t know why, it may be the World Cup effect.

I am not concerned about losing a couple of games, what does bother me is that we are now 7 points behind Liverpool and I just can’t see them dropping that many points the way they are playing.

for the first time in a very long time, it feels like the opposition is going to score against us every time they get the ball or a break. Even in many of the games we have won this season, there is just something really fragile about the mentality of the lads. Or perhaps it is a dangerous arrogance or attitude that is mis-placed. What is more concerning is that on the games we have lost this season, Pep has not been able to come up with a plan B and really give the opposition something to worry about. Many teams have now worked out the way we play and they are just making sure that our real play makers are going to be crowded out.
Stretching our wingers is now not working, as each time, at least 2-3 opposition players close them out time and time again - and Sane does not appear to know what to do. He constantly tries to dance around with a clever flick here and there when in fact, when he is being closed down, just fucking run at them directly and win free kicks on penalties.
Worrying times and even more concerning is what many are saying on here about us being entirely reliant on FERN. Have we really become a 1 man team?

It seems like despite our possession if we make a mistake it's a goal against. I also think there's a little too much reliance on beautiful football and finesse to score goals. Wtf happened to nicking a pass and banging home a shot? Just doesn't seem to happen with this crew and there's an air of "we should win this game" vs stepping on throats of teams we well should beat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.