Pep - no signings coming in in January

Is it possible that we just can’t spend anything due to being tight on FFP? I seem to remember @Prestwich_Blue saying that this coming financial year he felt we would post a small loss due to our spending last summer? Maybe it has impacted on our business until next summer?

Yeah but if you recall, it was between Fred and Mahrez. Neither came but were obvious targets. Fred ends up at United/Jorginho becomes the target. That also falls through so we go back to Mahrez and bite the bullet.

Roll around Jan 2019 and after pushing hard in the previous 2 windows for a cdm, you're telling me Pep suddenly doesnt want one when there's a hatful of good options?

I expect the windows of £200mil+ spends are gone and we are looking to start closing the gap between our in and out transfer numbers, promoting more youth and buying/budgeting after we sell. Say what you want about Spurs being bottlers but they have a fantastic squad having net spent nothing on it and i'd hazard a guess we are looking to emulate that somewhat in the future(along with Chelsea's buy cheap and young, loan out then sell for a profit model)
Jorginho and Mahrez don't play the same position, so why would we 'bite the bullet' and accept Mahrez if we need/want a CDM? (Sorry if I'm missing your point)
Where did I 'tell you' Pep doesn't want a CDM? :-) I'm pretty sure if one measures up, we'll be in for him in Jan if possible.
Other than to comply with possible new FFP spend rules, why do you think our days of big spending are over? Previous windows don't point to this

Is it possible that we just can’t spend anything due to being tight on FFP? I seem to remember @Prestwich_Blue saying that this coming financial year he felt we would post a small loss due to our spending last summer? Maybe it has impacted on our business until next summer?
We were prepared to spend £50m on Jorginho, so the cash is there. No point using it on stop gap. Has to be the right player. If we can find now for LB or DM the right player now, id be surprised if the club doesn't spend the money earmarked for Jorginho.

Or is all this smoke and mirrors so that whoever we want doesn’t go somewhere else for mega amounts more or we are forced to pay over the odds?

Some talk that since we said that Barca are trying to drop their bid for de Jong.

Jorginho and Mahrez don't play the same position, so why would we 'bite the bullet' and accept Mahrez if we need/want a CDM? (Sorry if I'm missing your point)
Where did I 'tell you' Pep doesn't want a CDM? :-) I'm pretty sure if one measures up, we'll be in for him in Jan if possible.
Other than to comply with possible new FFP spend rules, why do you think our days of big spending are over? Previous windows don't point to this

Because we missed out on our CDM targets. Our interest cooled on Mahrez when talking to Fred iirc and then Mahrez name popped up again after we missed out on Jorginho, it always seemed to be either or. Pep will tell Txiki ect players he's interested in and we'll put feelers out to said players and see who bites, it doesn't mean we'll sign/have the budget for everyone that is potentially interested in coming to us.

We've signed 2 players in the last 2 windows and Pep says we're not signing anyone in Jan despite the obvious need to.
what are the signs that'll we'll spend big again?

Because we missed out on our CDM targets. Our interest cooled on Mahrez when talking to Fred iirc and then Mahrez name popped up again after we missed out on Jorginho, it always seemed to be either or. Pep will tell Txiki ect players he's interested in and we'll put feelers out to said players and see who bites, it doesn't mean we'll sign/have the budget for everyone that is potentially interested in coming to us.

We've signed 2 players in the last 2 windows and Pep says we're not signing anyone in Jan despite the obvious need to.
what are the signs that'll we'll spend big again?
We were still in for Jorginho long after Mahrez signed so I woulsd expect the money is still there . I just dont think the player is there for January.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.