Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I sit in the family stand with two of my three children. I dont dispute what you are saying. But it is interesting but I don't think there are actually that many kids that sit there. My guess is probably about 15-20%

^this...

I know two lads who have season cards in FS Level 1, 2adults and a 7 year old. The 7 year old doesn't exist they just upgrade it for big games so mates can go. This year they've had a free upgrade to most games for the kids ticket.

You’re apparently now allowed to operate a stadium with safe standing seats/rails in place for extra safety in areas with more persistent standing.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport...r.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

Bristol City fans has welcomed the news that safe standing has been given the green light.

The government’s Sports Ground Safety Authority this week confirmed the use of special stadium seats that incorporate barriers to keep livelier fans safe while attending matches.

Such seating would help prevent supporters from falling over the seat in front when wildly celebrating or such if persistently standing.

A major update of the official stadium safety guidelines for England and Wales, the first for 10 years, now provides football clubs like Bristol City with advice on enhancing the safety of spectators in areas of seating occupied by their more vibrant fans.

The Robins are required by law to operate an all-seater stadium but the new guidelines suggest that clubs should consider installing what are being termed ‘seats incorporating barriers’ (also known as ‘rail seats’) as added safety measures in such areas.

The Bristol City Supporters Club & Trust has exclusively revealed to BristolLive the images of how it would like to see such seating used at Ashton Gate.

“We all know that the Section 82 group and many other fans in the southeast corner of Ashton Gate like to sing and chant for 90 minutes and spend a good deal of the match on their feet.

"That, we feel, would therefore be the first place to enhance spectator safety in this way,” says Supporters Club & Trust board member Jon Darch, who has also been heavily involved over the last decade in the national campaign for the introduction of such seating.

“In due course, when the all-seater policy is revoked, as now seems almost inevitable, that section would thus also be ready to be formally operated as a standing area.

"If the demand was then there for a larger standing area, our suggestion, if the fans currently holding season tickets there were amenable to it, would be to expand it across the back of the South Stand, as we show in our images“, added Darch.

Can anyone remember when the JV deal on the Collar Site land ends? iirc If we don't break ground i time the land goes back to Council ownership so I would hope something specific is announced soon so that planning and prep works will be done in time.

Can anyone remember when the JV deal on the Collar Site land ends? iirc If we don't break ground i time the land goes back to Council ownership so I would hope something specific is announced soon so that planning and prep works will be done in time.

The JV (owned 80% by City's sister company and 20% by the Council) was to purchase the collar site land at market value on the following terms:

The proposed disposal will be by way of a circa 250 year lease. The ”JV” Development Company Limited will develop the land in accordance with the Commercial Plan but if less than 25% of the Collar Site has been redeveloped within 15 years of the grant of the lease the Council will have the right to take the lease back from the ”JV” Development Company Limited at market value.

So the Council will have to pay market rate to take the land back (arguably little chance of that unless there's a major change in the state of the Council's finances over the next 8 years from now). But in practice, we need to develop 10 acres on the collar site by early 2027 if we're to take the option of the table completely.

In 2019, I assume we can expect an application for planning permission for the extension of the Campus into the Edwin Road Industrial Estate to the west to accommodate the MMU sports institute and for the Rugby Football League HQ next to the Regional Arena. I think it may finally be the year that expansion of the North Stand starts, too.

The RFL and MMU development is due to be completed by 2021, and the RFL's website originally trailed a 60K-capacity Etihad for the RL World Cup in October 2021. That's been taken down but I'm hoping nonetheless that it still reflects the intention of the club and one of the JV company's prospective major tenants.

I also believe (hope?) that plans for at least the northern end of the Collar Site will follow on from those developments. There's at least been recognition from Marty Edelman as well as speculation in the press that commercial partners for the Collar Site are emerging, so we can maybe hope that the 2027 deadline won't be an issue.

The JV (owned 80% by City's sister company and 20% by the Council) was to purchase the collar site land at market value on the following terms:

The proposed disposal will be by way of a circa 250 year lease. The ”JV” Development Company Limited will develop the land in accordance with the Commercial Plan but if less than 25% of the Collar Site has been redeveloped within 15 years of the grant of the lease the Council will have the right to take the lease back from the ”JV” Development Company Limited at market value.

So the Council will have to pay market rate to take the land back (arguably little chance of that unless there's a major change in the state of the Council's finances over the next 8 years from now). But in practice, we need to develop 10 acres on the collar site by early 2027 if we're to take the option of the table completely.

In 2019, I assume we can expect an application for planning permission for the extension of the Campus into the Edwin Road Industrial Estate to the west to accommodate the MMU sports institute and for the Rugby Football League HQ next to the Regional Arena. I think it may finally be the year that expansion of the North Stand starts, too.

The RFL and MMU development is due to be completed by 2021, and the RFL's website originally trailed a 60K-capacity Etihad for the RL World Cup in October 2021. That's been taken down but I'm hoping nonetheless that it still reflects the intention of the club and one of the JV company's prospective major tenants.

I also believe (hope?) that plans for at least the northern end of the Collar Site will follow on from those developments. There's at least been recognition from Marty Edelman as well as speculation in the press that commercial partners for the Collar Site are emerging, so we can maybe hope that the 2027 deadline won't be an issue.

Cheers, I wasn't concerned as the JV could always be flexible enough to accommodate delays but it was always was going to be the canary in the mine which would show signs of issues moving forwards

Anybody know what's happening with the old bank next to the training complex ? Walking past at the Palace game , I noticed it was all fenced off with the same sort of fencing that is around the complex. So is part of the complex now ?

Yes I noticed this as well, definitely mcfc fencing of the same type used in the rest of the academy. Wonder if City have bought it and have plans to extend the academy footprint?

Is there any update on stadium expansion? It's been a while since the fan consultation. I wondered if there were any follow-ups or updates?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.