Liverpool (H) Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s really useful. Shame Taylor didn’t apply the laws as they are shown there as I saw firminho and mane regularly charge into our defenders with Henderson and Milner regularly grabbing shirts as players went past them.
Reading the laws proves pundits & managers alike (especially Klopp) have no ideas on the laws of the game when they discuss specific incidents.

Take a look at the serious foul play & you’ll laugh about Klopp saying Van Dyk shouldn’t have been sent off vs Napoli. His challenge epitomised serious foul play. After seeing the serious fouls play, you’ll also find it most amusing that Klopp said that Mane’s face kick on Ederson was like Vinny’s challenge.

Klopp’s an excellent manager but is definitely deluded!!!

This is the thing that annoys me most about the refereeing in general when we play Liverpool, with pressing and when we played Lyon away this season and Barca in the past.
If our players shield the ball when receiving it, they barge straight through their backs at full speed, if our players turn them, their hands are all over shoulders, if we look like getting away, ankles get tapped.
According to the referees, this is all fine and we should overcome it. Honestly, that's fine in itself by me, even though we're at a slight disadvantage in a physical game.
But if we do any of the above, the fuckers throw themselves to the floor and get a free kick Every. Fucking. Time. and the refs dish out yellows to discourage us. If we want to win the ball back, it has to be a non contact tackle from 12:00 or an interception.
It's bent as fuck, it artificially extends every phase of possession they have and gives them the option of creating chances through turnovers high up the pitch while denying that option to us and it has a huge influence on the game. It's never about the big decisions.
Exactly how I see. It illegally stops us from playing whilst the other way round it stops us from defending. It then has to change the way we play.
But we’ve also suffered some big decisions in games against Liverpool over the last few months.

Better stop before we’re accused of being bitter or ‘tin foil hat types’

As he's the nearest to Robertson, he should have been looking at it, and doing something about it.

I'm not having a go at Sterling here either, I expect it from an attacking player (same with Sane), I'm defending the blame being heaped onto Danilo, who had a very good game. I can see why he's getting the blame from seeing replays, but he was doing another job at that moment, he saw the danger, and tried to get there back peddling, he was just unlucky.

I thought Danilo had a very good game too mate.. as did Laporte in what isn't his usual position.
It was a deep cross that went over Danilo head.. Shit happens.. And like you say its wrong to heap blame on him

Haven’t a clue what you said, as I was agreeing with your post, maybe badly

And I'm agreeing with you.

The media, as we know, set the "talking points" and it is noticeable, that almost as one, they choose the same talking point at the same time.

So when the game finished on Thursday the immediate post match analysis, on all channels and media, was generally that City were the better team. After Klopp's post match interview it switched to 50/50, fine margins and Vinny's tackle, all channels and all media.

There was hardly a comment on the Sterling penalty incident and very little mention of the late Aguero, Bernardo and Sterling near misses.

If one buys in to these uniform talking points, then there can be no balanced debate, because the debate hinges on a manufactured presumption, for want of a better phrase, the media line. So the balanced view on the debate "was Vinny guilty or not guilty" cannot be balanced at all, because the presumption/talking point on which it is based is a confection, or, at the very least, it is a presumption that needs to be justified in the light of all the other potential, but over looked talking points.

The balanced debate argument reminds me of one of my favourite quotes.....

If You Want to Get There, I Wouldn't Start From Here.

Last edited:
Reading the laws proves pundits & managers alike (especially Klopp) have no ideas on the laws of the game when they discuss specific incidents.

Take a look at the serious foul play & you’ll laugh about Klopp saying Van Dyk shouldn’t have been sent off vs Napoli. His challenge epitomised serious foul play. After seeing the serious fouls play, you’ll also find it most amusing that Klopp said that Mane’s face kick on Ederson was like Vinny’s challenge.

Klopp’s an excellent manager but is definitely deluded!!!
The tackle on Mertens was a disgrace. Going with force at the ankle of a standing leg. He could easily have fractured his ankle.

Compare that to the flying Salah leaping over Kompany in order to try and get the man sent off following a touch on his toe after the ball had gone.

Another way the pundits have changed things is now players with no hope of getting the ball under control strain every sinew to get a touch on the ball before the defenders and then swan dive to earn a foul.

Exactly how I see. It illegally stops us from playing whilst the other way round it stops us from defending. It then has to change the way we play.
But we’ve also suffered some big decisions in games against Liverpool over the last few months.

Better stop before we’re accused of being bitter or ‘tin foil hat types’
Oh last season in the Champions League they just chucked all pretence of impartiality in the bin before kickoff in the first leg of the quarter final. That was proper Carta Blanche down to giving Klopp his buddy as ref in both the quarter and the semi. Watch the first 15 minutes of the final again though and you'll see the Liverpool players repeatedly warned by the ref about illegal physicality in the tackle.

And I'm agreeing with you.

The media, as we know, set the "talking points" and it is noticeable, that almost as one, they choose the same talking point at the same time.

So when the game finished on Thursday the immediate post match analysis, on all channels and media, was generally that City were the better team. After Klopp's post match interview it switched to 50/50, fine margins and Vinny's tackle, all channels and all media.

There was hardly a comment on the Sterling penalty incident and very little mention of the late Aguero, Bernardo and Sterling near misses.

If one buys in to these uniform talking points, then there can be no balanced debate, because the debate hinges on a manufactured presumption, for want of a better phrase, the media line. So the balanced view on the debate "was Vinny guilty or not guilty" cannot be balanced at all, because the presumption/talking point on which it based is a confection, or, at the very least, it is a presumption that needs to be justified in the light of all the other potential, but over looked talking points.

The balanced debate argument reminds me of one of my favourite quotes.....

If You Want to Get There, I Wouldn't Start From Here.
Good post, sorry for my confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.