Manchester Airport Terminal 1

Airport Parking

Sounds like a new scheme is being launched so you can park at Manchester Airport for free, but your car might be rented out whilst you're away. Despite the extortionate price its costing to park there these days, this is still a big no from me.
I work at the airport,i could park up and rent my car out whilst im at work,double bubble :)

These surveys are always more about who answers than anything else - I suspect that one has a bias towards UK respondents. No way is Manchester worse than CDG or Berlin Schonfeld, especially the latter which is a disaster of a giant portakabin, still operating only due to the omnishambles of the Berlin Brandenberg build - and incidentally, any time anyone mentions German efficiency, mention that catastrophe to them.

But you can add any number of airports infinitely worse than Manchester could ever aspire to be, pretty much any of the Turkish regional ones, more or less any in India, or any in Myanmar (those are fun), or Indonesian regionals, etc etc etc.

I fly regular into and out of Schonfeld and I honestly do think it is worst than Manchester - particularly terminal 3 which is an utter disgrace.
I would also say Manchester is worse than CDG for what it's worth.
Manchester airport is an utter disgrace to the City of Manchester. The only airport worse I can think of is Split airport in Croatia.

Airport Parking

Sounds like a new scheme is being launched so you can park at Manchester Airport for free, but your car might be rented out whilst you're away. Despite the extortionate price its costing to park there these days, this is still a big no from me.

So you go on holiday and worry that some random clown is ragging the arse off your motor while you`re away. I don`t think so. I wouldn`t buy an ex-rental car so why would I want to morph my car into a rental vehicle. Another hair-brained idea from the loons at Ringway.

I work in aviation and so have passed through airports every corner of the globe amd can categorically say Manchester is the worst airport I've ever visited in the world in every way. Cheap, nasty, miserable, slow and passengers treated like a massive inconvenience. Unfortunately, like all such examples, it's all down to management and corporate culture. It's an embarassment to our city.

Flew 3 times out of MCR last year and had no problems in respect of checking in or passport control, my issue is they don't sell tins of hamlet miniature cigars in duty free anymore... Apart from that all ok...

Not been for about 15 years dropped daughter off and expected to have a brew and watch planes take off from cafe.
Didnt know all that had gone ended up on multi storey roof.
What a pleasent suprise when the car parking was only £18 ffs robbin bastards ,first and last time !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.