Is there a reason why the club's name is not on the seats?

The club never considered it. The architects wanted a mix of yellow, white, grey seats when they designed the stadium. No blue at all. I remember the London based architect saying blue was passive. I sat in a meeting wanting to rip his head off.

I have told this story before but a full random layout of seats in this design was produced. I took the drawings to alsidair mcintish and berstein the night it pissed down vs ipswsich and they were astounded.

I sorted the seat package with a great bloke called nick Harrison who just happened to be the nephew of the guy who wrote the Taylor report and who made millions on the back of all seater stadiums.

Sorry to name drop but I will it was also the clubs idea to save a few quid by not having the metal bits around the seat in black which has worked well as the galvanised seat frames have weathered much better.

Oh the memories!

The seats in the stadium have aged so well. Looks like new.

The club never considered it. The architects wanted a mix of yellow, white, grey seats when they designed the stadium. No blue at all. I remember the London based architect saying blue was passive. I sat in a meeting wanting to rip his head off.

I have told this story before but a full random layout of seats in this design was produced. I took the drawings to alsidair mcintish and berstein the night it pissed down vs ipswsich and they were astounded.

I sorted the seat package with a great bloke called nick Harrison who just happened to be the nephew of the guy who wrote the Taylor report and who made millions on the back of all seater stadiums.

Sorry to name drop but I will it was also the clubs idea to save a few quid by not having the metal bits around the seat in black which has worked well as the galvanised seat frames have weathered much better.

Oh the memories!

The seats in the stadium have aged so well. Looks like new.

Very interesting.

I've always wondered this. MCFC would look great on each side, or a bit of white and maroon in there, somewhere.

I'd have the st marks cross on the south stand the eagle badge on the family stand old round badge on the Colin Bell stand and the new badge on the Kippax

Why not just the undersides of the seats being white when they’re not sat on?

Dont see the point of names on seats when the stadium is full.

Unless we move all the 80th minute leavers to seats that spell MCFC.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.