EFL Cup final venue

Graceyboy

I don't want to sound arrogant, but barring some sort of complete melt down, I expect City to beat Burton over two legs and progress to the final.

Seeing as Spurs are in the driving seat in the other semi. If they were to prevail and progress to the final also, should the final be played at Wembley? which basically is their home and has been for 2 seasons. Should the game be switched to a "neutral" ground for example Twickenham? (holds approx 80,000). Emirates would be unfair on them as much as playing the game at the swamp would be for us

What are your thoughts?

Same issue came up last year with Spurs in the FA Cup semi-final. The story was then that no clubs had objected to it.

I don't want to sound arrogant, but barring some sort of complete melt down, I expect City to beat Burton over two legs and progress to the final.

Seeing as Spurs are in the driving seat in the other semi. If they were to prevail and progress to the final also, should the final be played at Wembley? which basically is their home and has been for 2 seasons. Should the game be switched to a "neutral" ground for example Twickenham? (holds approx 80,000). Emirates would be unfair on them as much as playing the game at the swamp would be for us

What are your thoughts?

Don’t take this the wrong way, but this is a pretty pointless thread. The FA wouldn’t contemplate moving the final away from Wembley.

It'll be in Wembley with spurs using the 'away' facilities.

I agree with you that it will be played there, I was canvasing opinion of "Should" it be? In the context of fairness. But we all know what happens that fairness goes out of the window when it comes to Spurs and also Wembley needing money.

I agree with you that it will be played there, I was canvasing opinion of "Should" it be? In the context of fairness. But we all know what happens that fairness goes out of the window when it comes to Spurs and also Wembley needing money.
I don't see what's unfair about it when both clubs have equal access to tickets if we get the home facilities.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.