EFL Cup final venue

Wembley will do me just fine with 30 odd thousand Blues cheering the team on.. I don’t see it as an advantage for them at all once the teams are on the pitch ... Didn’t stop us beating em at the start of the season either ....
Anywhere else and many Blues would miss out on the final ...

I don't see what's unfair about it when both clubs have equal access to tickets if we get the home facilities.

Ok, let me ask it slightly different. We are fortunate, and have had a seriously good successful Wembley presence over the last few years, the players are familiar with the surroundings etc, but lets say it was Wolves going there instead of us and they again are playing Spurs. As Spurs players play there every fortnight etc, the Fans are familiar etc etc, all the advantages of a home ground, would it be fair on Wolves to play the Game at Spurs home (irrespective of 50:50 ticket allocation)

Ok, let me ask it slightly different. We are fortunate, and have had a seriously good successful Wembley presence over the last few years, the players are familiar with the surroundings etc, but lets say it was Wolves going there instead of us and they again are playing Spurs. As Spurs players play there every fortnight etc, the Fans are familiar etc etc, all the advantages of a home ground, would it be fair on Wolves to play the Game at Spurs home (irrespective of 50:50 ticket allocation)

I would think most people would accept it isn't entirely fair, but it happened last season and Spurs lost that semi-final anyway.

For Spurs being familiar with the stadium see Wolves fans and players being far more psyched up about playing at Wembley.

I don't want to sound arrogant, but barring some sort of complete melt down, I expect City to beat Burton over two legs and progress to the final.

Seeing as Spurs are in the driving seat in the other semi. If they were to prevail and progress to the final also, should the final be played at Wembley? which basically is their home and has been for 2 seasons. Should the game be switched to a "neutral" ground for example Twickenham? (holds approx 80,000). Emirates would be unfair on them as much as playing the game at the swamp would be for us

What are your thoughts?
Spurs fans feel like it’s as much of an away game for them as anyone else who goes.

We’ve played there twice against them in six months and won both times.

Spurs win percentage there is 73%, ours is 69%. Not much in that (and theirs includes early round cup wins against the likes of Oxford and Tranmere)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't the PL have agreed to Spurs playing at Wembley?
In that case, City by default have been consulted.

It's a non-issue, and we've beaten them twice there.

The reason a neutral ground is used for a final is because it is fair to both teams. If Spurs play in a final at what is de facto their home ground, I fail to see how anyone can make a case for it being fair.

I don't think it's fair but Pep & our players won't care, they will be confident in winning & therefore won't bring up the issue. If it was moved it would have to be the millennium stadium I'd say. Held cup finals before & the journey is similar for both sets of supporters.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.