Burton (First Leg) Post Match Thread

They stuck their jobs as best they could. They will learn so much from this game tonight too. Some of them leaving with city shirts and stories to tell their grandkids one day.
Class act by Merlin giving the lad his shirt on the pitch. A small gesture by Merlin, but probably will never ever be forgotten by that lad.
We played our game without being cocky or showboating and showed them respect by fielding a strong team.
No need to risk some of the big guns in the second leg, but Mahrez,Gundog, Foden should start. They are more than capable of running the show.
Hopefully there’s no niggles or injuries.

I'm worried scoring 9 won't be enough. How typical city would it be to lose the 2nd leg by 10.

:(

All respect to Burton, they tried their best, this is what Cup games are all about, little clubs playing big clubs, no need for City to ease off, Burton get their payday and their players get to tell their grandkids all about it, so its great for everyone concerned.
As others observed - they came to try and play without giving us a good hoofing.
Wasn't pretty for them, and I hope it doesn't impact the rest of their season too much
Burton have proved that teams can break into the league and make a decent fist of it - a league cup semi-final is nowt to be sniffed at

brilliant game, they worked so hard. Motm Jesus for the goals but every week he runs his arse off too, he deserves a lot more.

The disrespect thing is bollocks, did Klopp respect his fans when they were duped into travelling to an away game they wouldnt try to win. We paid £46 for tonights game and it was well worth it

We’ve taken another step forward this season. Now we can slot second choice players, in numbers, into the first team and not lose our fluidity, dynamism and effectiveness. That is a massive strength in a crowded fixture schedule.

It bodes well to win multiple trophies again. Obviously luck plays a part, but I wouldn’t put it past us to win 3 this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.