Liverpool thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
This year marks the 30th Anniversary of the Hillsborough disaster. Maybe some jesture by the FL,FA and PL combined to appease the scousers that the aforementioned(not PL) was allowed to happen due to their disregard to safety of all match going fans in the face of more profits. Maybe am being cynical.

That’s what a lot of people thought five years ago, when they won the League in April.

The teams that are near the top or go on to win the premier title get more penalties, It's quite strange that City have had just 1 tbh, but more the point, Liverpool are getting loads (And scoring them)

That’s what a lot of people thought five years ago, when they won the League in April.

We went a league cup final that year and won it, we closed a gap in a title race when the dippers were on a strong run where they got many questionable penalties. I can see the similarities. Taking the trophy off the April 2014 champions will be even more delicious this time round.

Excellent point, a lot of posters focusing on the Mahrez penalty miss quite rightly, but if the referee had done his job properly in the Wolves game and was not so incompetent we would be only 2 points behind the Dippers.

Who’s to know that for sure?

If the Wolves' goal had been disallowed, the whole course of the game would have been completely different, so Laporte might not have scored his brilliant header.

I'm not saying Liverpool won the midfield battle, or that they were more in control than city. I've just never seen Liverpool have that much possession and control, against a world class team.

Past seasons, Liverpool won due to their pressing game, and blitzes of brilliance. But there was always a sense of uncertainty. It just seems that they have taken huge steps in their development, this year.
I think the possession stats paper over the tale of the game a little bit though. I think it was in the 60th minute, they rolled out the possession stats on Sky's coverage and it looked like a typical City game against a top side(City dominating possession) but by the end of the game it was a different story.

After taking the lead in the 72nd minute, I actually believe the players decided to defend the lead and not Pep, as I doubt Pep would tell them to do that. I think he will forgive that because of course it did pay off in the end and City did have chances to extend the lead as they invited Liverpool onto them. They were also were also probably knackered from a very effective press, winning the midfield battle for most of the game up until that point and were well aware they were entering the last 15mins very shortly, against a team that's ruthless on the counter.

What I'm unsure of is, if the way people saw the last 15 minutes of the game was more to do with the fact that, this City team are not used to sitting back and that's why it looked so scrappy and last ditch from City at times(not quite comfy) or whether Liverpool really have improved that much at trying to break teams down, when they do sit back.

Last edited:
I think this would make a fantastic chant for the KOP.

And little did Tom know that in 2019 his version if it, and the fact that he was singing it behind (PL trophy) bars, would be so relevant.

So lurking Red Men. If you do finally win the PL trophy, only 2 behind us still, get this going on the KOP.

Now I just need to find a wind titled song.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.