Wolves (H) Post Match Thread

It also unfortunately has incredibly vague rules. All they say about red cards is that they're given for challenging with "excessive force". Everything else is interpretation.

True.

The ball has nothing to do with it though. Genuinely argued with a neutral tonight who said Boly got the ball.

Good performance and result. The red card made it much easier but I thought Wolves needed to have more about them. They parked the bus before the red card and had no threat on the counter.

Jesus was excellent.

If they keep this team, get a good striker and some pace/general upgrade in full backs then they will challenge the top 8 next season*

* this is based on what I saw today, I have hardly seen Wolves kick a ball since we played them in August/Sept

If they keep this team, get a good striker and some pace/general upgrade in full backs then they will challenge the top 8 next season*

* this is based on what I saw today, I have hardly seen Wolves kick a ball since we played them in August/Sept
If they do all of that and keep their manager, I think they could challenge the top five.

Good win against a decent outfit, I note the fixtures have Dippers playing first again next weekend so it will need to be same again at Huddersfield... who having just lost a good manager will no doubt decide to play like Real Madrid!

Wagner was loved up there. I think they'll be massively deflated on the weekend and roll over.

...95' 1-0 Huddersfield incoming

More possession tonight than against Rotherham and Burton. Not sure how relevant that is.
Balti pie was too much crust and too little filling.
Game was a wee bit one-sided.
Three points, clean sheet. Whoop, whoop.
And the fuckwits on the Radio going an about empty seats after the game. Twunts.

Last edited by a moderator:
It also unfortunately has incredibly vague rules. All they say about red cards is that they're given for challenging with "excessive force". Everything else is interpretation.
There’s a bit more to it than that:

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

It was an ankle-high lunge

Straightforward regulation victory. As we know from previous campaigns goal difference can be vital. Three against a good Wolves side is all good.
My only worry is the relationship between Pep and Leroy. Sane was the only subbed player Pep didn’t meet off the park - in fact he made a point of moving to the end of the tech area. Leroy was wasteful in the second half but I would still like to see the manager encouraging the young lad. Hopefully I’ve read too much into it ... but puzzling, none the less.
It's the rotation that gets some players in a mood
Personally I'd love a settled 11 but the cup competitions are still coming thick and fast so he must rotate. Try telling that to young men who just want to play and show off their talent.Theyre going to get uppity if they're not picked or are taken off . Pep has a real job on his hands.

If they do all of that and keep their manager, I think they could challenge the top five.

Challenging the top5 has a lot to do with mentality as it does quality. Teas are scared to play us, Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs so that is worth points alone. It will take a while for Wolves to get to that point but they are heading in the right direction

Just got back ourselves, was great to see the team get a result despite not being in top top form.

Laporte Motm, he did so much more than just that pass.

Got to say the fans who don't turn up for these games should be shot or have their tickets taken off them, sick of seeing empty seats when there are more fans ready to take their place. Turn up and support the team ffs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.