Bring the Noise

We should so more to make the old Viking Call more powerful like it used to be in 80s. Nowadays it's the 'C-iiii-ty, the best team in the land and all the world' but back in late 70s and 80s we focused more on the 'C-iiiiii-ty' bit and the second part we just hummed the tune. I think we should of course keep the second part but the beauty of the first bit was that it could be dragged out for some time to make it a more powerful C-------------------iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.......ty. I've been at games where the Kippax kept it going for ages and it intimidated the opposition. Away games worked well when we were on an open bank, like Oldham. It's an easy chant; everyone can join in and it's unique. It was our chant, no one else's.
Jeez cheers Gary.. I nearly forgot this one and yes the Kippax kept it going for ages. It was an amazing chant.

I get all this but Liverpool and united fans don’t so why do some of our fans? I agree with an earlier poster who said that part of the issue is ST holders not turning up and tickets then being unavailable for fans who would go.
Anybody who really really wanted to go last night surely could’ve sourced a ticket, your sounding like the old united fan who never went because he couldn’t get a ticket

We should so more to make the old Viking Call more powerful like it used to be in 80s. Nowadays it's the 'C-iiii-ty, the best team in the land and all the world' but back in late 70s and 80s we focused more on the 'C-iiiiii-ty' bit and the second part we just hummed the tune. I think we should of course keep the second part but the beauty of the first bit was that it could be dragged out for some time to make it a more powerful C-------------------iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.......ty. I've been at games where the Kippax kept it going for ages and it intimidated the opposition. Away games worked well when we were on an open bank, like Oldham. It's an easy chant; everyone can join in and it's unique. It was our chant, no one else's.
Totally agree. It was awesome the chant could echo round the ground for 10 minutes before even singing "City, Man City, the best team in the land in all the world".
Da dah, dah.
Da dah, dah.
Da dah, da dah, da dah, da dah - da dah!
(repeat ad nuseum)

Last edited:
There were so many of the normal faces missing in 115 last night, it really was flat in there. 4 home games in 11 days though is a big ask for everyone, but i'm not believing that there were people who couldn't get tickets.

Usually doesn't bother me when we have a bad turnout but cant defend that shambles last night, I'm just glad the players seem up for the title fight because I'm not sure the fans are.Every games a cup final and all that.

Most people who live in the Midlands now have to leave at 3:30pm to guarantee getting to the game. A journey that clashes with the rush hours that once was 2 and a half hours now takes 3 and a half to 4 and a half, sometimes even longer (e.g. Burton) thanks to the M5/M6 roadworks.
Worst is actually the journey home as they regularly shut the motorway on City match nights.

Last edited:
The family stand is doing its job - bringing through the next generations of blues. But as for the other end of the ground it is just not working. Outnumbered the Wolves fans by 3 to 1 but in the south stand but being totally out sang by them was a bit shameful

I don’t know what the answer is and yes I know it’s a problem not just at city

I agree the family stand is a good idea but it does not work for late matches and it never will. The whole issue being raised is the empty seats.

The atmosphere thing is a problem for every prem league team. The make up of a fan is now very different.

City’s issue is most teams defend creating a dull encounter. City fans can be amazing but when the football is one way it’s very hard to keep being vocal. Liverpool game is the perfect example 2 teams attacking creates a great atmosphere.

For some reason last night city singing sections were very quiet they didn’t even bite back to the wolves fans giving us shit! Lol

In my opinion there is no way to change the issue of atmosphere. City can only be pushed by 2/3 teams & let’s face it we will always boo the champ league so we are stuck.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.