Bring the Noise

Is ticket exchange part of buying a City ticket on the website? that would be useful for fans to be offered tickets from the exchange when the Man City site says "sold out". Got to admit though I am one of those lifetime fans with not even knowledge about ticket exchange, in fact I thought it was for swapping tickets. Going to find out more now I know.

It does bother me when there are empty seats and people not staying to the end, sometimes I even buy tickets just cos I think there wont be enough going or staying to applaud the team off.

If you are a business man would you rather sell a seat to 19 individuals at £50 a go all of whom will spend £100 in the club shop and buy a programme, a few drinks and some food or to one individual who pays £700 for a SC and rarely spends any money on match day. That is the way football is these days.

There's the argument about front-loading though. The ST holders have already paid, it's guaranteed money, the others may or may not spend anything at all, or even buy the seat in the first place?

No Gary.what needs to happen...is we need to rip out a load of those plastic seats,install a mini Kippax,start playing the young mancuian superstar in waiting,drop the prices for the new terrace to a tenner...and give the youth of Manchester a whole new dimension..instead of this plastic seat,credit card Slumberland for dumbed down zombies which modern football has become...imo.

The thing is for the owners of football clubs in the PL it is clear that support of almost every club is significantly higher now than it was in the days when we had terracing. No matter how much those of us who stood on the Kippax and chanted away in The Sways/Chanters Corner talk about the good old days, football attendances have never been higher. It's a tricky situation that cannot satisfy us all unfortunately.

Totally agree. It was awesome the chant could echo round the ground for 10 minutes before even singing "City, Man City, the best team in the land in all the world".
Da dah, dah.
Da dah, dah.
Da dah, da dah, da dah, da dah - da dah!
(repeat ad nuseum)
We need to build it up again. It'd be awesome booming down from 3rd tier South Stand with the rest joining in as it builds and builds.

City's fan base is very working class, not enough nouveau riche have attached themselves to our club yet thank god. Great for me as I get tickets for any game.

Monday night football - check
Still a week and half till payday for most after Christmas - check
Kids have School - check
Gig economy/shift work hours - check

No surprise people are struggling to attend games.
The biggest, and one you have missed, 4 home games in 11 days, 3 of them night matches thanks to TV, and only 1 of them actually needed to be a night game.

Spoke with a guy last night from Milton Keynes... he had to drive because there is no train back.. that's a major issue for travelling blues surely and will impact on numbers
I get the train from MK, having given up with the motorway f**k up, at weekends its quicker (and often cheaper unless they move fixtures late), but for a night game I have to stay over as there is no train back. I've attended all 3 CL games, and all night PL games until last night, but last night I gave my ticket to someone more local, as it was one too many.

Its all fine and well people blaming the club, but a lot of these fixtures are forced on them by TV companies, and the 8pm kick off's only make it worse. City do need to think about pricing, but as last week's semi final proved, even good pricing doesn't fully work.

I get the train from MK, having given up with the motorway f**k up, at weekends its quicker (and often cheaper unless they move fixtures late), but for a night game I have to stay over as there is no train back. I've attended all 3 CL games, and all night PL games until last night, but last night I gave my ticket to someone more local, as it was one too many.

Its all fine and well people blaming the club, but a lot of these fixtures are forced on them by TV companies, and the 8pm kick off's only make it worse. City do need to think about pricing, but as last week's semi final proved, even good pricing doesn't fully work.
The club could surely consider coaches for fans from New Street for example or liaising with National Rail to put on a football special because it's scandalous that there is no train back after 8pm

Wolves had good numbers and were noisy.
But they must have been the most Soccer AM bantz orientated fans we've had at the Etihad in moons. Sang over and over about seats, libraries, Utd etc etc.
Tiresome and somewhat surprising to me. They've a really good team and are on such an upward curve. I thought they'd be singing about themselves all night rather than constantly singing at/about us.
Maybe they'll chill out a bit after a couple more seasons back in the Prem.

Wolves had good numbers and were noisy.
But they must have been the most Soccer AM bantz orientated fans we've had at the Etihad in moons. Sang over and over about seats, libraries, Utd etc etc.
Tiresome and somewhat surprising to me. They've a really good team and are on such an upward curve. I thought they'd be singing about themselves all night rather than constantly singing at/about us.
Maybe they'll chill out a bit after a couple more seasons back in the Prem.

They were up there with Newcastle and Villa with the bantz, tiresome is putting it mildly

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.