Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

There's a thread on the wolves forum about raheem. The vast majority seem to hate him for no apparent reason. The country is just full of sheep who are naive enough to let the shit they read shape their opinion on a person.

I've read those threads, it's really depressing, so many folk are stupid frightened sheep.

This is what Clattenburg has said today:

“As for City’s penalty, this was the correct call. Ryan Bennett tackles with his wrong foot and catches Raheem Sterling on the knee. Sterling is running at pace and the contact is consistent with his fall. Forget his reputation for diving, this is a penalty.”

REPUTATION FOR DIVING.
Reputation for not getting clearcut penalties

Indeed they are, in real time at least, so I do have sympathy for the refs. Some. And last night's red card was a correct decision. Kompany's yellow vs dippers was wrong IMO, should also have been red. But, if VAR is in place for 'clear and obvious mistakes', then I think he would have been put on report ala Rugby League and banned thereafter, if VAR even has any say in these matters, who knows? What I do think is that we still don't have consistency with the referee's decision making. Penalty decisions should go to VAR, but violent/out of control/studs up challenges should be a split second decision made by the referee and if it's wrong, it goes to a future panel decision process. I'm wearing the tin hat for that VK comment!

I really shouldnt even bother replying, but the fact you mentioned VK and not Lovren indicates you swallow the media taglines without much thought

This is what Clattenburg has said today:

“As for City’s penalty, this was the correct call. Ryan Bennett tackles with his wrong foot and catches Raheem Sterling on the knee. Sterling is running at pace and the contact is consistent with his fall. Forget his reputation for diving, this is a penalty.”

REPUTATION FOR DIVING.
They seem to forget he's only a small fella, getting into tussles with big centre backs.

But his pace is phenomenal.

This really pissed me off . Every city contact was a foul whereas he let wolves getaway with foul are foul.
We crowd players and they fall over, it's constant diving but a clattering that we get on our players is deemed an attempt or unintentional by our state of the art 1990 refs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.