Home Tickets

wolfie1988

Should City think about changing their policy of releasing all home games for sale at the start of the season?

Can we really not manage a system whereby we release the tickets when the date of the fixture has been confirmed which is usually about 2 months before? It's only approximately 8,000 tickets to manage.

I looked to get somebody a ticket last night through the club and in my block(211), the tickets were £48.50(!). £48.50 for a Monday night game right in the middle of January. The cheapest I could find was £44.50.

There is next to no point in having any form of official ticket exchange for games like this when that is the set price they charge for games through their website.

Why not wait until 2 months before the game and then release the tickets once the date is confirmed? I know there is still a chance games can be moved but you can usually nail it down to what date it will be after the effect of cup replays etc. That way we could maybe put in a different price category for games like last night and get people in to the stadium.

You could even put the big 6 games on sale at the beginning of the season and then wait for the others to be confirmed before releasing ticket prices and sale dates.

That's pretty much what they used to do......people moaned (a lot)...they changed it to the current all tickets avaialble at season start system

i think it all came a bit too confusing during the season with multiple ticket videos for home, away and cup games. People and the ticket office often lost track. You look at it now and an average away game has 10 windows for priority. If you times that across 50-60 fixtures its messy.

For the wolves game i doubt many of the 8k tickets were picked up back in the summer..unless someone was planning a weekend in manchester this weekend. I got £38 credit for last night for my ST so city cant really undercut that but they should match it when you have 8k general sale plus many thousands on the exchange. 48£ is close to FV for a lot of the ground for 1/19th of their season ticket. I can happily add you into Daz's buy and sell page @wolfie1988 . He had tunnel club for £110 last night and 93.20 for £50 plus tons of people flogging tickets for 20/30/40£.

People like Talkshite just fuel the fire on these things of empty seats. But Sky also killed the attendance with an 8pm KO. There is always at least 1 dud fixture like this per season @ Home.

i think city should use a banking system on season ticket and if you can not make the game they sell your ticket and a set price of £20 added to your account and the money then can be used to renew your season ticket next season so if you clock up 4 or 5 games at £20 lets say £100 of the price a new season ticket or spend at the club shop would also be a good idea

i think it all came a bit too confusing during the season with multiple ticket videos for home, away and cup games. People and the ticket office often lost track. You look at it now and an average away game has 10 windows for priority. If you times that across 50-60 fixtures its messy.

For the wolves game i doubt many of the 8k tickets were picked up back in the summer..unless someone was planning a weekend in manchester this weekend. I got £38 credit for last night for my ST so city cant really undercut that but they should match it when you have 8k general sale plus many thousands on the exchange. 48£ is close to FV for a lot of the ground for 1/19th of their season ticket. I can happily add you into Daz's buy and sell page @wolfie1988 . He had tunnel club for £110 last night and 93.20 for £50 plus tons of people flogging tickets for 20/30/40£.

People like Talkshite just fuel the fire on these things of empty seats. But Sky also killed the attendance with an 8pm KO. There is always at least 1 dud fixture like this per season @ Home.

Already in Daz's group. God send for some and has helped me out for family and friends before too.

I can't believe the reaction to the empty seats last night. From my seat in 211 it looked pretty full with the exception of the family stand.

Trying to think of ways the club could improve.

Just wondering when New Season Tickets will come on sale for next season? And what do you think the general availability will be?

Just bought my Burnley tickets because I'm not in cup scheme. 21.50 including booking fee and very good seats at back of family stand. You can't argue with that price wise, but with so many games coming thick and fast, I think a 20 spot is still a biggie to some fans. Not everybody has good jobs etc. But I still think they'll be over 50k or very near it.

sorry to ask this but where can I find the ticket exchange? I only just cottened on that I could buy tickets there, no wonder we dont sell many when cant even find it... Anyone know or am I misunderstanding something? Just a simple link to it !

sorry to ask this but where can I find the ticket exchange? I only just cottened on that I could buy tickets there, no wonder we dont sell many when cant even find it... Anyone know or am I misunderstanding something? Just a simple link to it !

It's just the standard ticket site. If a Seasoncard holder lists their ticket for sale, it shows on the normal seat map for that game

I’ve said it before but my view is that we should look at season tickets in a totally different way. Like other things we do, the notion of buying a seat at the start of the season worked ok when games kicked off at 3pm on Saturday, apart from the odd midweek game and maybe a game moved for the FA Cup. It was also good for cash flow as you got a large chunk of money up-front when tickets were virtually the sole source of income. You could pay on the gate, stand in the Kippax or sit in unreserved seating.

Nowadays probably 85% of our fans have season tickets and standing/unreserved seating is a thing of the past. Games are all over the place, sometimes at short notice. Boxing Day/New Years Day get buggered about with. We get far more cash from TV and sponsors than from tickets. Time to look at the process of selling seats afresh.

My solution would be pay less upfront to reserve a specific seat and that gives you an exclusive window to buy that seat for each game, at lower than face value obviously. If you don’t buy it or if you know you can’t attend well in advance of the sale window then it goes on open sale, along with other available seats. Solves the problem of games like Monday night when kids can’t go but you don’t need to upgrade from a kid’s ticket if you want to buy that seat as it’s available as a normal seat. From what the club has put out about the North Stand redevelopment, they’re already thinking on similar lines although I think their proposed solutions are a bit too complicated.

We should also be more flexible on pricing. It would have cost you £26 as an Adult member to watch Wolves play at supposedly expensive Arsenal, from a seat equivalent to mine in 109 and that’s regardless of the day of the week.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.