Talksport

It isn't a sports journalist station. It's entertainment and they make money by winding people up so they tune in to see what more shit they say.
The sad thing is I think there is a market for an intelligent football-based radio station in the UK. Radio 5 Live is dominated by politics and whatever has been reported in the Guardian that day; Talksport is just mindless drivel based on whatever has been reported in the tabloids. The vast majority of football fans (especially matchgoers) are very ill-served by sports media in the UK generally. You come across the odd gem, often provided by overseas-based journalists, but most of the coverage is juvenile rubbish.

The sad thing is I think there is a market for an intelligent football-based radio station in the UK. Radio 5 Live is dominated by politics and whatever has been reported in the Guardian that day; Talksport is just mindless drivel based on whatever has been reported in the tabloids. The vast majority of football fans (especially matchgoers) are very ill-served by sports media in the UK generally. You come across the odd gem, often provided by overseas-based journalists, but most of the coverage is juvenile rubbish.
Now you're talking! Completely agree with you, there is a huge opportunity for impartial, fact-based, investigative sports stations/programmes both on the radio network and on television in the UK. As you say, I'm sure these would be welcomed by sports followers all over the country, especially football fans who see beyond the usual tribal loyalties guff.

I'd emphasise the need for such stations/programmes to provide at least some element of in-depth analysis of issues affecting footy, including everything from the structure of the game to the tactical appreciation of the game to the financial side of the game. And so on and so on..

I've never listened to the 'yah-boo-sucks' stuff like Talksport, nor have I tuned into those offered up by the BBC at national and local level almost a decade now. The reason being, as you say, the increasingly dumbed-down offering from those outlets, hand in hand with their tabloid chums. And as for MOTD and the bunch of airheads employed to be the so-called 'experts'.. don't get me started!

I’ve thought this for a long time & it will be mildly successful then feel the need to grow & then “citeh bingo” you’ll have just another.

Thing is when its taking the piss out of teams and its not your team it works, thats why they do it! Even read in here when the rags lose saying cant wait to listen to talkshite with Cundy taking the piss out of goldstain.

Podcasts anyone? Can recommend James Richardson & Gab Marcotti, very good

Now you're talking! Completely agree with you, there is a huge opportunity for impartial, fact-based, investigative sports stations/programmes both on the radio network and on television in the UK. As you say, I'm sure these would be welcomed by sports followers all over the country, especially football fans who see beyond the usual tribal loyalties guff.

I'd emphasise the need for such stations/programmes to provide at least some element of in-depth analysis of issues affecting footy, including everything from the structure of the game to the tactical appreciation of the game to the financial side of the game. And so on and so on..

I've never listened to the 'yah-boo-sucks' stuff like Talksport, nor have I tuned into those offered up by the BBC at national and local level almost a decade now. The reason being, as you say, the increasingly dumbed-down offering from those outlets, hand in hand with their tabloid chums. And as for MOTD and the bunch of airheads employed to be the so-called 'experts'.. don't get me started!
The best thing I have seen recently was Sunderland till I die on Netflix. No wonder traditional broadcast media are struggling to survive. I understand that Talksport is pandering to its audience but why can't the BBC provide any sensible football coverage. Match of the Day hasn't changed since the 1960s ffs. The BBC coverage of football is truly shite.

Am sure it must have been mentioned but try Talksport2 - it's very good and discusses football without winding anybody up. Give it a whirl!

DEFINITION:
bindipper
Scouser - Inhabitant of Liverpool (Self Pity City).
see also dipper
Habits:

Foraging for food in dustbins
Addicted to grief
Granny stabbing
Compensation claims
Drug abuse
Complete lack of humility or self deprecation
Thieving
Stabbing people in
Stanley Park
Depositing phlegm on anyone within a 8 ft radius when talking
Look at those Bindippers - look at those dirty scousers foraging for food.
#bindippers#bindipping#bindipper#dipping#dipper#dippers

You omitted to mention smashing up coaches.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.