Frenkie de Jong(Signed for Barcelona)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol PSG is definitely not the only club called out for money.
I'm talking to this FCBarca guy that cna't stop to talk about PSG money but love his Barca and City spending.

I mean, i'm a PSG fan, i won't call out another club for their spending power. So i find very ironic and hypocritical to see a fan of the club with the highest net spend (City) and highest wage bill (Barca with a margin of 200 M€ with the second). And he has the audacity to say i draw simplistic conclusions. I'm sure he had no comeback when i linked him all those articles showing PSG is the most supported and followed club in France when he was so adamant that freaking Lyon was on top. French people or followers well knwo that Lyon was mocked for having "less or no" fans despite all their success in early 2000 while PSG and Marseille, despite their shit seasons, were still fan favorites.

Basically, i'm debunking that liar and propagandist. See how he won't come back and support his wrong claims when faced with evidence.

I'm talking to this FCBarca guy that cna't stop to talk about PSG money but love his Barca and City spending.

I mean, i'm a PSG fan, i won't call out another club for their spending power. So i find very ironic and hypocritical to see a fan of the club with the highest net spend (City) and highest wage bill (Barca with a margin of 200 M€ with the second). And he has the audacity to say i draw simplistic conclusions. I'm sure he had no comeback when i linked him all those articles showing PSG is the most supported and followed club in France when he was so adamant that freaking Lyon was on top. French people or followers well knwo that Lyon was mocked for having "less or no" fans despite all their success in early 2000 while PSG and Marseille, despite their shit seasons, were still fan favorites.

Basically, i'm debunking that liar and propagandist. See how he won't come back and support his wrong claims when faced with evidence.
He is not a City fan, he’s here because of Pep

Not sure why youre having a dig at City. The person you are arguing with is a Swiss, plastic, Barca fan boy. Please don't think he speaks for City supporters.
In fact, i'm not having a dig at City.

City can spend billions and billions and i wouldn't care. It is legal. Their money. They can spend however they want. What is illegal is that FFP that keeps moving goalposts under the direction of the old cartel.

I'm just stating fact for letting people less informed know what the real situation is, so they can draw an educated conclusion.

To stay on topic, i have watched only 2 games of de Jong. I know, it is not a lot to from a correct impression of the guy. I wasn't impressed at all.

Think the priced quoted to get him is way too much. Think he is not the world class quality yet and very perfectible. I would say that anything north of 50 M is already too much.

PSG splashed out a fortune on Neymar and Mbappe (in the SAME summer), and now on the verge of snatching De Jong for 70+ million. The reason an organ like FFP was introduced in the first place was to stop exactly this, one f-ing club with unlimited resources vacuuming all of Europe for the best possible talent. I'm getting seriously pissed off by the way they get away with this, continuing to dodge the FFP.

Also, City need to stop losing great deals when they actually got the money. Now we have lost Alexis, Jorginho and on the verge of losing De Jong, one of europes most rising midfield talents. We can't continue thinking we will get every top class player for 50m. Things have developed. 100m for a player these days are nothing. City are stuck in old ways of doing business it seems.

This is embarrassing...

In fact, i'm not having a dig at City.

City can spend billions and billions and i wouldn't care. It is legal. Their money. They can spend however they want. What is illegal is that FFP that keeps moving goalposts under the direction of the old cartel.

I'm just stating fact for letting people less informed know what the real situation is, so they can draw an educated conclusion.

Just want to make sure you were aware that he was not a City supporter. I would like to think that no Blues would behave in such a raggish manner.
P.S, Ederson was not a world record signing.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...n-City-spent-money-European-teams-decade.html

Explain to me why you are so concerned about PSG spending but City and Barcelona spending doesn't seem to be noticed by you ?

People get to talk about PSG spending because they spend BIG in some players. The rest of the squad is "cheap".

Compare to City that had the world record for a goalkeeper, world record for fullbacks, world record for CB etc. There is maybe not a single player on the pitch that is under 40/50.

PSG does have Neymar + Mbappé (who will be 180 only when sold or new contract) but they have spent 0 € on both goalkeepers, they have spent a grand total of 6 M€ for both left fullbacks, spent 31 for both right fullbacks, spent 120 for their combined 4 CB (30 average), spent 15 on Verratti, 0 on Rabiot, 60 for Cavani, 0 for Choupo-Moting, 60 for Di maria, 40 for Draxler.

As you can see, City has spent way more overall but balanced it around the whole squad. PSG bought some superstars and did utility for the rest of squad.

It is actually pretty easy to understand why. PSG doesn't have the luxury of being a La Liga or Premier League team. They need to grow their image and brand despite the low image of la Ligue 1. Thus, they opted for the strategy Real Madrid used when Florentino Perez managed Real Madrid the first time : the Galactico era. The goal is to help increase the profile of the club and league thanks to such big names that are great players but also marketing powerhouses.PSG just can't do what City is doing and City doesn't need to do what PSG is doing. Different contexts call for different politics despite chasing the same goals.

In conclusion, don't focus on only the big transfers to make a conclusion. City is above any other club in net spend and Barcelona is way above anyone in wage bill. Still PSG is the only one club called out for "money".

Not me mate,im happy to see Psg spend whatever they want,even if it means they beat us to targets. Love to see them piss all over FFP,as it's bent as fuck and only ever mentioned by hypocrites.

Just want to make sure you were aware that he was not a City supporter. I would like to think that no Blues would behave in such a raggish manner.

Wasn’t Ederson the most expensive Goalkeeper in the world at the time when we signed him? Then that record has been broken 3 times since with Courtois, Alisson and Kepa?

Thank you for your input. I stand corrected.

I really like City policy and choices. They didn't do a lot of mistakes compared to the other big sides (except maybe for the CB ?).

I love Bernardo Silva at Monaco and you got that gem of a footballer. You are indeed very lucky !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.