Glasses/contact lenses

also since I was 10, I'm short sighted, then hit 50's and suddenly need fucking reading glasses too, don't moan till you've been through that scenario

Natural in late 40's onwards fact of aging. Laser corrects distance. Did it 12 years ago and it's the best thing I ever did. Amazing!

I can’t read past the “E” on the Snellen chart without them. Been that way for 25 years. I blame the computer and the smart phone.

Is that the E on the first line? I've had specs since I was three! I have a very good optician but those German bastards Carl Zeiss of Jena stopped making my prescription some time ago (yer can stick yer lenses up yer EU arses, Carl). I have varifocal, coated, polychromatic specs and free frames! I could have been in the Tunnel Club for the money I've spend on specs! But yer need to see what is out there. I can still visually manage the difference between a sky blue shirt and another available colour!

I have contact lenses and glasses but recently I've started doing the up close/far away thing when reading stuff, particularly when reading things up close. Not good.
I've worn " night and day" contact lenses for a while now. I've always been short sighted, but like so many, reading was getting problematic in my 50's. I now have contacts " tuned" so one eye is corrected for reading and one for distance, and they are brilliant !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.