Riyad Mahrez - 2018/2019 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's his first season. He has to prove himself. I hope he hasn't got a Salah sized ego and he's getting irked that he's not worshipped like he was at Leicester. He has to earn that praise. Knuckle down and prove he can be a regular starter. Otherwise we'll send him to La Liga. I'm sure Girona would love him on loan.

Good.

Needs to look at Stones, Bernardo, Jesus and Sane and recognise that working hard and fighting for your place is how you play regularly. He will need the season to adapt. We aren't Leicester. We don't get given space and we don't need him to be the match winner every game. We need him to use the ball quickly, stretch the opposition and create chances for others or score himself.

He has been throwing unnecessary tricks in, trying to score wonder goals and not playing how our team should. I think he has looked better in recent games albeit against weaker opposition. But like Bernardo, who came off the bench a lot to start with, it is a learning curve. Bernardo worked hard and nailed it and looks an incredible player who most would put in their first 11.

Sane has been excellent recently so Mahrez needs to step up. Quit moaning and perform.

Funnily enough I read very similar about Sane, Stones, Sterling & Bernardo after their first few months.

In fact probably worse in more than one case.

Bernardo himself didn’t start performing to a high level until the league cup semi 2nd leg at Bristol City.

Sometimes people just need time.

It's his first season. He has to prove himself. I hope he hasn't got a Salah sized ego and he's getting irked that he's not worshipped like he was at Leicester. He has to earn that praise. Knuckle down and prove he can be a regular starter. Otherwise we'll send him to La Liga. I'm sure Girona would love him on loan.
Or york

Right just in the shakespeare title the word nothing was used in subtle reference to the vagina so wasn't sure if you calling Mahrez as a bit of a fanny.

I heard someone call him Rodney the other game in a nod to mister marsh
Well let's hope signing Mahrez doesn't mean we miss out on the league like it did when we signed Rodney Trotter.

We should 'judge him' on performance & 'facts' not jump on him for having a bad attitude, off one line on the internet.

If it turns out he is causing trouble, we will find out, for sure.

Otherwise, he's no different to Otamendi, or Aguero, both of whom are clearly not happy, when they don't play.
Totally agree with you, I was only pointing out that his transfer fee shouldn't even be mentioned.

Played in arguably our biggest/toughest games of the season. Liverpool, Chelsea & Lyon away.
We have won non, not his fault, penalty aside he was excellent vs Liverpool. Not great against Chelsea and darn right awful vs Lyon.

Most fans/pundits etc would all pick the same front 3 for us.

For me, there’s two big differences when Mahrez plays.
1, we don’t look anywhere near as fluid or deadly quick in attack or counter attack.
2, Mahrez needs to be on pomp to influence/change a game. Sané or Sterling can win/change a game even when they’re not at their best.

Yeah and also when we attack down the left Sterling has the pace and drive to keep up with Sane and basically becomes a 2nd striker always arriving at the back post. Not saying Mahrez doesn't have an eye for goal because he definitely does but most the time he's hanging about the edge of the box when Sane gets to the by-line.

It's as if he hadn't realised he was joining the record-breaking champions, who are one of the best teams in the world!

He has to earn his place and isn't one of our best players IMO. I've been very disappointed with his application since he missed the penalty, a penalty he didn't deserve to take.

He'll get another chance with Pep and then he needs to grab it with both hands.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.