Burton (a) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think Guardiola mentioned 3/4 youngsters starting and 3/4 youngsters on the bench, so I'd anticipate a rather disjointed performance and low scoring affair. I can understand what Guardiola means by getting rhythm into players as opposed to just stamina, but I doubt there'll be much of that tonight.

It's been an odd month, January, in that we hit a high against Liverpool on the 3rd, but in terms of the 6 games sandwiched between then and going to Newcastle on the 29th, we've been largely in 1st and 2nd gear. Think we might need to field a strongish side against Burnley, as February is going to be a far more demanding month, and we'll need to have the players and team in rhythm for the challenges it brings.

This will be the KDB show, he said he needs more game time so I've no problem with him playing tonight.
Another long night for Burton this, just hope they don't resort to kicking our players

Don't know if it's already been flagged up but Sky (121) mix is showing the match so free to air.
Decent performance for new generation of kids to watch the best team in the world at no extra cost.
Starting to see young kids around the country wearing City tops so any chance to bang a decent score will continue to see our influence grow.

From Pep's comments about 2 or 3 youngsters as well as Foden and players who need a run out being included i suspect we may see something like

---------------Muric---------------
Danilo---Otto---Garcia---Zinch
--------------Sandler--------------
----------KDB---- Foden---------
Mahrez------??????------???????

This will be the KDB show, he said he needs more game time so I've no problem with him playing tonight.
Another long night for Burton this, just hope they don't resort to kicking our players

I don't think they'll be kicking our players. They'll want Kev's shirt at the end!

I don't think they'll be kicking our players. They'll want Kev's shirt at the end!

Not Clough's style. He highlighted himself that they hadn't resorted to trying to kick City in the first leg. That's not to say a player won't lose his temper, but they won't be told to go and do it, I'm certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.