Ndombele (signed for Spurs)

PSG have a great mixture of academy kids and bargains mixed in with their big stars. People like Kimpembe, Rabiot, Areola, Diaby & Nkunku all take up big squad roles and yet came from their academy which will be saving them an absolute ton on fees and wages compared to people like Mahrez/Gundogan/Danilo/Bravo for us.

Then there's the cheap players they have - Verratti was only 12m, Choupo-Moting free, Meunier 5m, Bernat 12m.

It's a very different model of team, their marquee players cost much more than anyone we've ever bought, but they back them up with a lot of cheap or academy players because they just don't need a deep squad like we do with Ligue 1 being the level it is.

This is fantastic insight, thanks.

PSG have a great mixture of academy kids and bargains mixed in with their big stars. People like Kimpembe, Rabiot, Areola, Diaby & Nkunku all take up big squad roles and yet came from their academy which will be saving them an absolute ton on fees and wages compared to people like Mahrez/Gundogan/Danilo/Bravo for us.

Then there's the cheap players they have - Verratti was only 12m, Choupo-Moting free, Meunier 5m, Bernat 12m.

It's a very different model of team, their marquee players cost much more than anyone we've ever bought, but they back them up with a lot of cheap or academy players because they just don't need a deep squad like we do with Ligue 1 being the level it is.
Great post

I think this guy fits the bill but if we baulked at the de jong fee and wage then we ain’t gonna get to his guy either which will be a shame

I think this guy fits the bill but if we baulked at the de jong fee and wage then we ain’t gonna get to his guy either which will be a shame
I think you hit the nail on the head there, did De Jong fit the bill? . A few of us think if we would have bought De Jong our established players would have had to adjust to his weaknesses where as Ndombele has better attributes to support our established players, and as such is more valuable to us

I believe each individual we chase, will have a ceiling cost on them, I am sure we would go big, on the right player. We have let previous targets go, but I can't think "if only" on one of them, Sanchez, Pogba and Jorghino et all.

I believe each individual we chase, will have a ceiling cost on them, I am sure we would go big, on the right player. We have let previous targets go, but I can't think "if only" on one of them, Sanchez, Pogba and Jorghino et all.
Sanchez before he went to Barca and Hazaed but in most cases I have thought what an idiot joining this or that club where your not going to fit in

I think you hit the nail on the head there, did De Jong fit the bill? . A few of us think if we would have bought De Jong our established players would have had to adjust to his weaknesses where as Ndombele has better attributes to support our established players, and as such is more valuable to us

I agree with that, insomuch as DeJong would have been bought as an exceptional talent who gradually learns the Premier League & potentially becomes a 'great' whereas Ndombele is more of an instant firefighter who could possibly prevent catastrophe if Fernandinho was to suddenly lose it.

DeJong is likely to reach a higher level, but isn't there yet, especially physically.

Tbf, I'm not sure a move to the Prem would have been his best option at this stage

I agree with that, insomuch as DeJong would have been bought as an exceptional talent who gradually learns the Premier League & potentially becomes a 'great' whereas Ndombele is more of an instant firefighter who could possibly prevent catastrophe if Fernandinho was to suddenly lose it.

DeJong is likely to reach a higher level, but isn't there yet, especially physically.

Tbf, I'm not sure a move to the Prem would have been his best option at this stage
Better put than me

Hypothetical.

What price would you consider too high for Ndombele? Because as much as we'd like the club to not over-pay, the rest of these midfielders are going for very high prices.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.