Arsenal (h) Post Match Thread

After taking an early lead again, and playing very well for 10 minutes, until they had an attack, I thought we were poor in the first half, and probably lucky to go in level.

We had a very good second half though, so much better than Tuesday night, and we probably should have made the score more emphatic.

I'm not a fan of that team though, and when I saw it, I really thought we would get beat, and we could have been too.

It was interesting how we lined up, and how we didn't actually play that way, Fernandhino isn't a CB, and played there regularly he would be a weak link, but most of the time he played his normal role with three behind him, and with Gundogan alongside, but I do think some teams will get at us playing that way.

I've no problem with Pep going all keeganesque in a "we'll score more than you do", but I much prefer the "don't let them have the ball, because they can't score without it" approach.

Bollox

After taking an early lead again, and playing very well for 10 minutes, until they had an attack, I thought we were poor in the first half, and probably lucky to go in level.

We had a very good second half though, so much better than Tuesday night, and we probably should have made the score more emphatic.

I'm not a fan of that team though, and when I saw it, I really thought we would get beat, and we could have been too.

It was interesting how we lined up, and how we didn't actually play that way, Fernandhino isn't a CB, and played there regularly he would be a weak link, but most of the time he played his normal role with three behind him, and with Gundogan alongside, but I do think some teams will get at us playing that way.

I've no problem with Pep going all keeganesque in a "we'll score more than you do", but I much prefer the "don't let them have the ball, because they can't score without it" approach.
There’s me thinking we went in leading 2-1 at half time.

Yes, we flattened off in the second half of the first half, but were at our best second half. I didn't like the 3.5 - 1.5 - 4 - 1 formation at kickoff but it actually worked well. We really flooded the midfield with passers and it got the best out of Gundagan. Another string to our bow, I think.

Great result this, really applies the pressure on the Scousers tonight.

The win is awesome, especially for Sergio... Was that his tenth PL hat-trick?

Thought it was a great performance throughout always looked in control of the match and looked dangerous everytime we went forward how many teams we limit arsenal to 2 shots on goal this season????

Enjoyed the game and it’s all about keeping the pressure on the Scouser. They will crack. Of that I have no doubt. Hopefully another stumble tonight. A fucking long way to go. Good atmosphere too. That’s vital you keep that up home and away to give the team a boost. It’s a dogfight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.