Turin travel advice (Juventus game day related)

aussie blake

I’m spending a year living in Madrid (2-3 months left) and Atlético mates have convinced me to do Juventus away with them. Match ticket confirmed so guess there’s no going back. Sad to be missing seeing City-Schalke live but feel like I’ve gotta do the Spanish experiences in my only year here...

Anyway I never got to do Juventus away with City and have never even been to Italy, so just after any and every tip that any of you good people may be able to give me... places to drink, eateries, decent cheap hotels, transport to and from the airport, getting from the city to the stadium ... anything you’ve got would be much appreciated!

(Side note - not gonna lie, I get all the Atleti emails and the amount of references to measures being taken to curb violence strikes me as a little different. How did you all find the experience safety wise? Even not being Spanish, I’m pretty sure I’ll stand out massively as not a home fan coz I’ll be speaking Spanish with Spanish mates, and given almost all my football watching experience is from Spain and England where it’s all pretty mild these days really, I’m quietly hoping I don’t get caught out being naive here hahaha)

I’m spending a year living in Madrid (2-3 months left) and Atlético mates have convinced me to do Juventus away with them. Match ticket confirmed so guess there’s no going back. Sad to be missing seeing City-Schalke live but feel like I’ve gotta do the Spanish experiences in my only year here...

Anyway I never got to do Juventus away with City and have never even been to Italy, so just after any and every tip that any of you good people may be able to give me... places to drink, eateries, decent cheap hotels, transport to and from the airport, getting from the city to the stadium ... anything you’ve got would be much appreciated!

(Side note - not gonna lie, I get all the Atleti emails and the amount of references to measures being taken to curb violence strikes me as a little different. How did you all find the experience safety wise? Even not being Spanish, I’m pretty sure I’ll stand out massively as not a home fan coz I’ll be speaking Spanish with Spanish mates, and given almost all my football watching experience is from Spain and England where it’s all pretty mild these days really, I’m quietly hoping I don’t get caught out being naive here hahaha)

Went to Turin in both 2010 and 2015 to watch City, and never saw any trouble. To be honest, I was a bit underwhelmed by the place although admittedly I was only there for a short time so never really got to explore much of it. Also my recollections are a bit hazy as both times involved a fair bit of alcohol!

Haha point taken ... anyone remember staying at a decent and cheap enough place? Accommodation proving a real woman...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.