Pelligrini ensures legend status

Would he have wanted to go public had the speculation not been so intense though ?

I'm not trying to apportion blame, more lamenting a missed opportunity

Probably not but that was beyond the club's control, the Pep coming to England story was leaked in Spain, Pep confirmed that to stop the speculation about his future at match press conferences.

In hindsight, as Pellegrini himself acknowledges, his decision to make the announcement was perhaps the wrong one but he didn't have the rug pulled from under him by the club.

Probably not but that was beyond the club's control, the Pep coming to England story was leaked in Spain, Pep confirmed that to stop the speculation about his future at match press conferences.

In hindsight, as Pellegrini himself acknowledges, his decision to make the announcement was perhaps the wrong one but he didn't have the rug pulled from under him by the club.

Yeah but...........

Will hold off till feb 28th to do that, Pellers could still scupper us ;-)
He may still scupper us , but as a manageri would think he is a 100% professional. My thoughts about him wouldn’t change. He has a job with the Hammers now so I would think while he still has points to go for he won’t make it easy for us. IMO

Some good points.

Yet - given the great manager that Pellers supposedly is - wouldn't he have known that he was stopgap going into City?

And yet he accepted the job.

Credit to him for that.

And won a title with Mancini's squad - in his first year - turning dressing room support around.

And yet...

1) Lost the plot entirely in his second year;
2) Failed to motivate player whatsoever in his second year;
3) Was a tactical/strategic idiot throughout his tenure - making bizarre substitutions and choice of starting lineups throughtou;
4) Had zero attention to detail - to wit, the CL game v. Bayern.

Yeah - Pellers didn't criticize our side - or go out of his way to upset players. He's a gentleman for sure - but he's for sure my least favorite City manager for years and years running.

You’re like a broken fucking record, repeating the same crap over and over again.

However, you haven’t mentioned the fact that he was hamstrung by FFP and the club not wanting to rock the UEFA boat. Manuel, just like Mancini before him, wasn’t able to bring in all the players he wanted.

He may still scupper us , but as a manageri would think he is a 100% professional. My thoughts about him wouldn’t change. He has a job with the Hammers now so I would think while he still has points to go for he won’t make it easy for us. IMO

I was basing my post on the ridiculous notion he now cemented as a legend because he drew with liverpool and then made a remark in the post match interview, where I thought he was already a city legend for winning 3 trophies.

The Charming Man, still the most successful manager.
He could've won more but don't forget the cartel's FFP and those same bent refs that are giving the dippers offside goals and blatant dives pennos did rob us during his second and third seasons.
Legend! you rags and dippers like entitled knob heads, you.

How is he our most successful manager?

1 league and 2 rumblelows cups.

Think a Mister Mercer tops him 1x league, 1x FA cup, 1x rumblelows, 1x cup winners cup, 1x div 2 title

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.