Kyle Walker : 2018/19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I see it is that he has to try to be more intelligent. He often uses brawn or speed in situations where using his head would be better. It can be seen especially after he makes a mistake. Richards was the same. He knew his altheticism could get him out of tight situations but he’d get caught short. Best to not get caught short in the first place and rely on your team mates rather than your belief in your abilities. Reckon he’ll learn though. He’ll have to if he wants to keep a place. He’s been warned by being dropped already.

Offered so little going forward last night that it’s unbelievable really.

He gets forward, can even beat his man but is unable to put in one decent cross. I don’t get it.

Needs to be staying after every training session to work on this.

Offered so little going forward last night that it’s unbelievable really.

He gets forward, can even beat his man but is unable to put in one decent cross. I don’t get it.

Needs to be staying after every training session to work on this.
I’m mystified as to why Pep plays him. Once again we got a result despite him.

I get that he offers pace in defense and he’s solid. Even last night he wasn’t bad at driving forward tgrough the middle for a while but he can’t do what you need from a FB when you are behind. He can’t put in a cross.

I get that he offers pace in defense and he’s solid. Even last night he wasn’t bad at driving forward tgrough the middle for a while but he can’t do what you need from a FB when you are behind. He can’t put in a cross.
His instructions are clearly not to be an overlapping fullback though - the fernandinho at the back move means laporte and walker are auxiliary centre halves when he moves into midfield.
Walker has do my head in plenty this season but I think the last few weeks have been a big improvement

His instructions are clearly not to be an overlapping fullback though - the fernandinho at the back move means laporte and walker are auxiliary centre halves when he moves into midfield.
Walker has do my head in plenty this season but I think the last few weeks have been a big improvement
True but ... :-)

I understand why he plays him but Danilo would’ve started last night for me. We need to see him start more games to push Walker.

Mendy is constantly joking about his lack of assists. So everyone in the squad is certainly aware of it.

Danilo did more in attack against Newport on a shit pitch than Walker did in his last 5-6 games combined.

I thought he did ok yesterday. He’s basically playing centre-back and right wing back in the same game - not many can do that. We didn’t need him to do much going forward

7/10 - decent game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.