The selfish 'I dont give a f--k' generation

Leading the charge on environmental change...

Really?

How?

How many 18-25 year olds are involved in climate research?
Or working in inter governmental working parties trying to deal with it?

I think you’re dreaming.
I worked in for an environmental conservation charity for nearly four years.

- In terms of conservation staff, we recruited more ecologists from the 18-25 age bracket than every other group. The Cambridge colleges that offer environmental-based degrees are jam-packed.
- In terms of supporter base (members and donors) our percentages and growth were higher in that age bracket than any other. The second highest was 75+.
- I gave talks on topics ranging from climate change to bee populations to many different organisations and companies, from MNCs to NGOs. The audience was almost always dominated by people in their low-mid 20s. Getting people in their 40s and 50s to engage with our work was like getting blood from a stone.
- I worked closely with UNEP at their base in Cambridge, mainly on a project aimed at restoring fen peat to mitigate the effects of CO2. Guess the average age of their climate data analysts....you can see where I'm going with this.

You think I'm dreaming? Well, turns out I actually know what I'm talking about.

No I just remember what life was really like in the 70s and 80s, and that things on the whole are better now than they were then, people are more tolerant. Are there bad things that happen and bad people around now, course there is but there always were and always will be.

I guess we will have to disagree.
I believe people are far more intolerant than they were in the 70's & 80's.
I agree that there is good and bad and always has been and always will be.

I guess we will have to disagree.
I believe people are far more intolerant than they were in the 70's & 80's.
I agree that there is good and bad and always has been and always will be.
You don't remember the racism, sexism, homophobia of the 70s ? It's there now too but it's far less acceptable. And unlike then illegal.

You don't remember the racism, sexism, homophobia of the 70s ? It's there now too but it's far less acceptable. And unlike then illegal.

I do agree with that.
But due to the PC brigade and the soppy liberals in today's society discussion and debate on a lot of issues is definitely more stifled.

Ahh the 90s/00's born kids who tell us how to behave and act but never take a look what theyre doing wrong.

They should all be in jail. Every one of them

Last edited:
I have to say criticism about the youth is nothing new, but to specificly mark this generation as the "i don't give a fuck" generation over others seems downright surreal and utterly hypocrit.

So what, the baby boomer genneration had so much more manners huh when it was young?

Epitome of a "i give a fuck" genneration?

Last edited:
I have seen peope in their 30/40s not give up seats to elderly people on the bus .

You get people on trains seated in reserved seata and refuse to move, again in their 30/40s.

This is not just the youger generation, selfish cunts have always existed.
True, but young people today don’t respect the elderly as much as generations did in the past. That’s not even debatable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.