Newport (a) pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't a rant and no I haven't. I didn't say they would go out to injure anyone in my first "Rant" as you put it, I did say they will kick us and get in our faces and repeated that., they will. Most lower league sides will do so, credit to Burton they didn't. The problem is other teams will see what happened to them by not doing so and will probably revert to plan A.

Sounded like it to me but he ho

"A shit bog of a pitch with a team of clogger's trying to kick us off the park"

I can only see Sunday Pub League assaults happening on this pitch and the referee waving play on.
Puncheon on KDB style, time after time with no punishment, but if we so much as breathe on them, it will be a foul.
This is a huge chance for the powers that hide behind the officials, to get us out of the cup and ‘show the magic of the FA Cup’.
Underestimate this game at our peril. Get it won by half time or we could end up being embarrassed.
Newport players will be tearing around like a bunch of crazy smacked up crystal meth loonies high on adrenalin.
We HAVE to get control of the game and make them chase the ball, move it quickly and take our chances on what can only be described as The Somme.

Nothing like a bit of hyperbole.
Yep, tire em out is the key

My mate is a Newport fan and and said he reckons a place called the Neon (Music Venue) will open up for City fans around the corner from the ground. That's what happened when Leicester visited apparently. Can you shed some light on this. Cheers
Just looked on The Neon Facebook page. It says they're open from 2pm, doesn't state it's for City fans. Or Newport fans. I think it's just open.

Sounded like it to me but he ho

"A shit bog of a pitch with a team of clogger's trying to kick us off the park"

I was trying to set the scene as to what we will probably face. It will be a real old fashioned cup tie and I am amazed the BBC didn't grab it rather than the borefest of Chelsea v the rags. I am genuinely worried we will suffer a few injuries due to a combination of the pitch, our players being faster and getting caught and the in your face approach.

I posted a toned down version of my original post as I felt it might come across as a bit disrespectful to the Newport fan posting here. It wasn't meant to be but that is how I envisage the afternoon going and like I said I can't blame them for adopting such an approach. I think they can play a bit too and will have their moments, particularly if we go into the tie half hearted and complacent.

Think people are worrying you much about this game and how Newport will rough us up and the ref will let them. The Fa will want as many big names left in it as possible and seeing as 1 of the rags or Chelsea will be going in don't think they will be appointing someone who is gonna let Newport kick the shit out of us without being cautioned. Everyone was in a flap about Mike Dean on Sunday and he put in a perfect performance.

My mate is a Newport fan and and said he reckons a place called the Neon (Music Venue) will open up for City fans around the corner from the ground. That's what happened when Leicester visited apparently. Can you shed some light on this. Cheers
Yes, the Neon will be open & City fans will be able to drink there, big place so plenty of room.
It is next door to Bar Amber where the Newport fans drink.

-----------------Muric--------------
Walker-Otamendi-Sandler-Zinchenko
--------------Delph---------------
Mahrez---Gundogan---Foden--Sane
------------Jesus---------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.