USA national debt

On the news we hear Millions, Billions and Trillions and some people think it goes up like 1 ,2 , 3.

But in reality
if you repaid $1Million at $1 per second it would take just over 11 and a half days to repay
if you repaid $1Billion at $1 per second it would take over 31 years to repay
if you repaid $1Trillion at $1 per second it would take 31,709 years to repay
I’d pay it off in £ to clear my debt 1.27149999 times quicker :-)

Also the plebs (as in 99% of the world’s population, including those in the “developed” world) just serve to make money for the 1%ers. We think we live free lives but every choice we make just serves to make those 1%ers richer. That’s not what capitalism is supposed to be about neither.
Bang.on.the.button.

“The United States government has continuously had a fluctuating public debt since its formation in 1789, except for about a year during 1835–1836, a period in which the nation, during the presidency of Andrew Jackson, completely paid the national debt.”

There’s your answer on whether it will ever be paid.

Two centuries of relentlessly spending more than the take from taxes, necessitating more borrowing. This is regardless of the political party in control of Congress or the Presidency. No fiscal discipline because it’s OPM to them.

Blame that **** JP Morgan and his flunkies

Apart from being wrong in that anyone on £25k is in the top 1% of global earnings as I’ve already said.
So...that 1% figure needs adjustment then is that what your saying?
And if it does,surely PC's overall point is still valid...

So...that 1% figure needs adjustment then is that what your saying?
And if it does,surely PC's overall point is still valid...
I don’t know if the 1% figure needs adjusting as I don’t agree at all with his overall premise no. I don’t believe that we are tied in some matrix style dystopia, not being able to make our own decisions and being restricted only to making money for some unknown faceless entity in some modern twist on feudalism. I suggest anyone feeling that way changes their job or retrains or, at the risk of sound twee, follows their dreams.

I just want to ensure that people know, when they talk of the 1%’ers, that by and large, they are likely one of them if they are employed in the UK.

Absolutely correct. I've been working and paying Social Security taxes in some form almost consistently since I was fifteen years old. Experts predict SS will be bankrupt by the time I am eligible to receive payments.

Thank goodness I will receive a pension and have a retirement account. A lot of people are not so lucky/forward looking.
The government’s solution is to make our healthcare so bad that the we all die before we get to cash our first social security check.

(That was tongue-in-cheek before anyone starts).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.