Riyad Mahrez - 2018/2019 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't disagree more with the lazy and selfish jibes he gets. He covers more ground per game than Sterling and Sane and for me is more intelligent defensively also. Sure he doesn't thunder into challenges but neither do the others. On the individual selfishness front it's been a lot more prevalent among all our forwards than it was last season. I think it was away to Leicester all Sane had to do was roll it across the face of goal and it was 2-0, instead he shoots from a nonsense angle and wastes it. Would still be spoken about like the missed penalty had that been Mahrez. Jesus late on against Arsenal has options left and right but shoots weakly into Leno's hands. We were a couple ahead so it didn't matter but last season he would definitely have looked to set someone up. So it's not just Mahrez who feels he has to score to start the next game, for me we could do a better job of making these players feel more integrated and not just "squaddies".

Even at his peak period he didn’t have the ability to beat a man, inside and out, at the same level as Bernado... don’t get me wrong, I’m hoping he finds that consistency you talk of, however, to stand a man up, he isn’t in the same league.
You should watch some of his games during Leicester' s Championship run. He was irresistible.

Ask General Otamendi, I'm sure he remembers. Better yet ask Sane, he has gone on record saying he thinks Riyad is the most skillful guy on the squad.

I think you are confusing who the better player is for who is more skillful. Bernado is clearly the former, I'm not so sure the latter is as clear cut as you think.

You should watch some of his games during Leicester' s Championship run. He was irresistible.

Ask General Otamendi, I'm sure he remembers. Better yet ask Sane, he has gone on record saying he thinks Riyad is the most skillful guy on the squad.

I think you are confusing who the better player is for who is more skillful. Bernado is clearly the former, I'm not so sure the latter is as clear cut as you think.

Nonsense I’m afraid, Dax

Do you remember buster Phillips or Ricky ‘lightening’ Holden? Or is that before your starting point as a blue??

I cannot believe for one second that anyone, that’s anyone, believes that if they’ve watched the 2......

I’m sure you stated ‘dribbler’ as well?? So he’s now the most skillful (according to Leroy).... the term here is adaptability, unfortunately Mahrez has become a little to predictable, defenders do the homework etc

I couldn't disagree more with the lazy and selfish jibes he gets. He covers more ground per game than Sterling and Sane and for me is more intelligent defensively also. Sure he doesn't thunder into challenges but neither do the others. On the individual selfishness front it's been a lot more prevalent among all our forwards than it was last season. I think it was away to Leicester all Sane had to do was roll it across the face of goal and it was 2-0, instead he shoots from a nonsense angle and wastes it. Would still be spoken about like the missed penalty had that been Mahrez. Jesus late on against Arsenal has options left and right but shoots weakly into Leno's hands. We were a couple ahead so it didn't matter but last season he would definitely have looked to set someone up. So it's not just Mahrez who feels he has to score to start the next game, for me we could do a better job of making these players feel more integrated and not just "squaddies".

Mahrez is not being lazy, he runs & gets behind the ball.

When he gets there, the opponent runs straight past him, as if he isn't there, so he might as well not bother being there in the first place. That needs to change.

And comparing his quite regular moments of ill advised ball hogging, to Jesus, who is probably the mozt unselfish striker in world football, is a bit unfair imo.

Sorry but not having all this crap about him being a flop for us. He is playing in one of the best if not the best club teams in the world right now. He has had some good games and played his part for us at times. Just because he isn't playing week in week out doesn't mean he's a carthorse. He was brought in to put pressure on the young guns Sterling and Sane and that is exactly what he has done successfully. Between now and the end of the season he will feature and more than likely star in games. But when you are challenging on all 4 fronts you need the strength that a player of his calibre brings to the squad.

I couldn't disagree more with the lazy and selfish jibes he gets. He covers more ground per game than Sterling and Sane and for me is more intelligent defensively also.

Pop some proof of this on the end of your post, should be easy to get from that opta site.

I can't believe he outruns Sterling, who is up and down his wing tracking back and making tackles all game long.

Sorry but not having all this crap about him being a flop for us. He is playing in one of the best if not the best club teams in the world right now. He has had some good games and played his part for us at times. Just because he isn't playing week in week out doesn't mean he's a carthorse. He was brought in to put pressure on the young guns Sterling and Sane and that is exactly what he has done successfully. Between now and the end of the season he will feature and more than likely star in games. But when you are challenging on all 4 fronts you need the strength that a player of his calibre brings to the squad.
He isn't playing because he currently isn't good enough. That's the fact of the matter.

Its not watching gsmes during leicesters 'title win' that we should be doing
Its digging up facts from his career before that one single season of greatness
And looking,in detail,at his career since.
And..lets look at wes morgan in same fashion.shit before.shit since
Claudio? Shit before shit since
Danny simpson? Shit before .shit since
Kevin whats his nsme in midfied? Shit before.shit since
Kasper..i ll save anything cos i,m bionic...average before.average since.
Im off to put my money on fulham winning the league by ten points next season lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.