Carabao Cup Final plans

We’re booked in there but I spoke to the landlord and he said few Chelsea fans going in so put me off abit but if there’s few blues in it’ll be fine
I presumed it would be too far for Chelsea fans. Ah well, should be sound

whats the best way to pay for tube tickets around london, do not want to get oyster card, might do a little site seeing with the kids, is a day pass better.
thanks in advance for any help.

Anywhere needing to be avoided with these Chelsea clowns, we do ave a bit of previous with them

You can just use your debit card like its an Oyster
@its a Barm
Just make sure you only use one card all day. I think it is useable on machines to buy tickets, rather than just on the gates (I'm thinking here that you'd need multiple tickets).

https://tfl.gov.uk/fares/how-to-pay...actless-and-mobile-pay-as-you-go?intcmp=55539

Using a contactless appears (can't guarantee it!) to be cheaper than a day travelcard might be. May depend on how old your kids are.

As far as I can tell, a contactless cap should be £10.10. An adult all day ticket from central London to Wembley is £13.10 (may not be accurate)

Children aged 5-10 travel free on Tube, DLR, London Overground and TfL Rail services if:
  • hey have a 5-10 Zip Oyster photocard, or
  • Travelling with an adult who is using pay as you go, or has a valid ticket (excluding Group Day Travelcards), a Freedom Pass or an Oyster photocard (up to four children per adult)

@its a Barm
Just make sure you only use one card all day. I think it is useable on machines to buy tickets, rather than just on the gates (I'm thinking here that you'd need multiple tickets).

https://tfl.gov.uk/fares/how-to-pay...actless-and-mobile-pay-as-you-go?intcmp=55539

Using a contactless appears (can't guarantee it!) to be cheaper than a day travelcard might be. May depend on how old your kids are.

As far as I can tell, a contactless cap should be £10.10. An adult all day ticket from central London to Wembley is £13.10 (may not be accurate)

Children aged 5-10 travel free on Tube, DLR, London Overground and TfL Rail services if:
  • Travelling with an adult who is using pay as you go, or has a valid ticket (excluding Group Day Travelcards), a Freedom Pass or an Oyster photocard (up to four children per adult)
many thanks.

@its a Barm

many thanks.

Yep, this is correct, just use your contactless debit/credit card (the same one all day). You don't need to buy a ticket.
Simply tap in & out on the yellow card reader at each station entry & exit -
oyster-reader.jpg

You are charged for each journey up to max £10.10/day (weekends) - Zones 1-4 (includes Wembley)

Edit: Kids over 5 need a ticket AFAIK, but it's free

Anywhere needing to be avoided with these Chelsea clowns, we do ave a bit of previous with them
The Globe opposite Baker St tube is a long-standing Chelsea pub, probably better avoiding that area pre- and post-match, assuming the Met don't close those pubs anyway, which they did after the Sunderland final for some strange reason.

The Globe opposite Baker St tube is a long-standing Chelsea pub, probably better avoiding that area pre- and post-match, assuming the Met don't close those pubs anyway, which they did after the Sunderland final for some strange reason.
Chelsea semi-final pub next door to Baker St tube was ok,but spot on the Globe over road 100% Chelsea.

Yep, this is correct, just use your contactless debit/credit card (the same one all day). You don't need to buy a ticket.
Simply tap in & out on the yellow card reader at each station entry & exit -
oyster-reader.jpg

You are charged for each journey up to max £10.10/day (weekends) - Zones 1-4 (includes Wembley)

Edit: Kids over 5 need a ticket AFAIK, but it's free

Can I use the same contactless card twice on the same journey ie to pay for me and my son or is that cheating the system?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.