Mike Tyson

Mental case. Fortunately, he found his only possible niche for even a modicum of success in the world in the square circle. We are fucked if people like him are ever lauded as a “deep, mature thinker!”

Then again, I wake up every day to the notion that Donald Trump is in the White House, so there you go!

It amazes me how so many fighters at the world class / world title level end up broke - fucked over by c**** like king etc, how they can get thru so many tens of millions of £ because of all the hangers on.

Tyson was, without doubt, one of the best fighters, but ultimately let himself down, especially in the Hollyfield fight.

With the right care he could have been the greatest, but take a kid with nothing, out of the ghettos & make him a millionaire literally overnight, I guess it just Messrs with their head.

Didn't he convert to Islam? He seems to have finally got his head right from what I've seen.

I read his autobiography a few years back while on holiday and thought it was a pretty honest read in some ways - he was very open about his criminal past and poor treatment of women including his first wife Robin Givens, but he still flatly denied the rape. As his life went on he became a lot wiser and seemed to genuinely want to learn from his mistakes and live a peaceful and quiet life.
I always remember when he appeared on a sport chat show with Ricky Hatton and he really tried to convince Ricky to make his peace with his parents.
Whether he raped the girl or not I don’t suppose we will ever know unless he comes clean later in life, but I think he’s a decent guy now and his heart is in the right place.

I read his autobiography - a very interesting read.
Regarding him being a rapist - I would say read the book, research what he says about it
and the evidence submitted to the jury then make your own decision if he is a 'rapist' or not.
I'm not saying he is or he isn't. I'm saying read up on it and THEN come to a decision.

Regardless of that, what a boxer he truly was in his early days. The death of Cus D'Amato could not have
come at a worst time for him. He was just about to become the heavy weight champion of the world and
all that brings with it. Don King has a lot to answer for regarding how Tyson turned out in the end.

I did a talk on him when I was at school in my English lesson, said I didn't think he'd ever be defeated as he was that good. Buster Douglas knocks him out next fight. I know nothing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.