United thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair play to those Rag wankers, they were brilliant in that away end last night. Notice the huge majority of their travelling support is lads between the ages 25-45? I always notice that with Everton and Newcastle’s support too. Much younger travelling away ends than we have.

It reinforces my already pessimistic outlook on the fate of the human race in general.

Fair play to those Rag wankers, they were brilliant in that away end last night. Notice the huge majority of their travelling support is lads between the ages 25-45? I always notice that with Everton and Newcastle’s support too. Much younger travelling away ends than we have.

Fans of the underdog getting excited. Sheffield Wednesday were the same in the previous round at Stamford Bridge.

Having watched the match last night the first time I have seen a full 90minutes this season and listening to the commentary, I thought I was watching one of the great utd sides . But than I remembered that I watched us play arsenal and Chelsea the other week and remembered what a truly great side we have here at City.
Last night was like two mid table teams trying to play football, both sides had a first poor touch and than would take one touch to many played at a slow pace. But going by the commentary I was watching a great utd side.
Do they watch City we are light years ahead of any team the premiership, I feel so lucky to be watching us .....

You’ve obviously not been paying attention. We beat Chelsea 6-0, which actually flattered them.
But that Chelsea xi were awful, they’d give up, the players were not playing for the manager and the tactics were all wrong.

United turn up, beat the exact same xi, using the exact same tactics 2-0. Chelsea very unlucky with the officials and yet United were back to their best, their football(hood & rush) was apparently scintillating.

It’s perfectly fine by me, let the media convince the lemmings that everything is once again, brilliant. All memories of the predictable 0/2 dry bumming PSG gave them airbrushed from history.

Until all this stops, until they actually wake up a smell the manure, nothing will actually change.
United, the media will look on all perplexed when we go there and play them off the park. Or Wolves who have tactically brilliant manager knocks them out of the cup.
Liverpool are perfectly suited to smash them, but let’s hope it’s the usual gutless Liverpool that turn up at Old Trafford.

And I agree with you, for the reasons you state, who, in their right minds, would take him over De Bruyne? Or
any of about three City players, not counting other players better imo, from other teams.
The Rags have got form for pronouncing one of their own as the best ever, this Pogba has flashes of good play,
on occasion very good, but it is only on occasion, and almost always against inferior opposition, he's only good with
the ball, totally crap without it, too lazy and listless, plus if they go a couple behind, he completely throws his hand in.

They seem to forget very quickly. An out of position centre back dominated him last week. Rendered him totally ineffective and the soft petulant twat got himself deliberately sent off so he didn’t get humiliated in the away leg.

Saw a bit of this match. Chelsea missed their chances and United took theirs. It was a solid counter-attacking performance. The commentator was hysterical screaming "brilliant" at the top of his voice. They were both good goals from good crosses. The BBC coverage has become embarrassing. They get so little live football these days that they are incapable of covering it without hyping it out of all proportion.
I honestly think most regular match-going fans of all clubs have a better understanding of football than a lot of the pundits. It is a game about margins. Ederson made three excellent saves against Chelsea in the first half at our place. We have a fantastic team but are still vulnerable at times. Chelsea are not as bad as the media claims and United are not as good.

I wonder how many tickets went to their London rag supporters branch ;)

Saw a bit of this match. Chelsea missed their chances and United took theirs. It was a solid counter-attacking performance. The commentator was hysterical screaming "brilliant" at the top of his voice. They were both good goals from good crosses. The BBC coverage has become embarrassing. They get so little live football these days that they are incapable of covering it without hyping it out of all proportion.
I honestly think most regular match-going fans of all clubs have a better understanding of football than a lot of the pundits. It is a game about margins. Ederson made three excellent saves against Chelsea in the first half at our place. We have a fantastic team but are still vulnerable at times. Chelsea are not as bad as the media claims and United are not as good.

I may be mistaken but I think that commentator is the one who took over from Motson and is a self confessed rag.

The way I saw it, also the same at our place. The first half was frenetic and it could easily have been 5-3. The second half they tired and their heads dropped and we controlled the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.