City fan hurt at Schalke - now in UK - msg on P39 (Donation link on P 36)

Hope the lad pulls through and doesn’t suffer any long term issues, it’s piss poor that this shit is creeping back into attending matches

It is odd, after taking years to get it fairly safe to go and watch a game the thugs are starting to creep back in. That is talking about this country, abroad they are where we were thirty years ago and English fan's are still seen as a big scalp.

It really would take a big euro game, probably the final, for me to even think of going. Apart from Wembley and the odd local away cup game I only go to home games and one gets used to certain levels of behaviour, mostly good.

I know it's the same with all clubs but I really wouldn't want to be in the same space as a lot of our fans for too long.

I’ve never had issues with German fans until after the Hoffenheim game when some of the young fools were mouthing off.
However yesterday there were a number of small skirmishes after the game, one had a Schalke fan attacking others with what looked like a knuckle duster or even blades.

However the worst thing by far was when a large group of obnoxious and arrogant blokes pushed their way onto an already full tram, not caring in the least who was being crushed, including a lad in a wheel chair right opposite where the mob pushed on.

The lad in the wheelchair was my friends son, enjoying his first Euro trip, and I was stood right next to him in an already packed tram, when the fans barged on. Credit the Schalke fans nearby though, they all made sure he was ok ( he was) and one Schalke fan In particular, made sure we all got off at the right tram stop (the one before the stadium) where disabled access was good and that we were all ok, he then pointed us in the direction of the stadium.

Fans mixing outside the stadium and on the concourse felt a bit odd initially but in reality isn’t this how it should be. Nieve, I know, but no matter how much I dislike Liverpool or or United - would I want to abuse, intimidate or assault their fans - don’t think so.

I was also stood in the section right next to the Schalke fans, so got soaked in beer as the city fans in the glass pen, attempted to hurl their beer in to the Schalke section. Can now see why drinking in view of the pitch is not tolerated in this country.

Tbh I felt more at risk from the hammered city fans ( there’s was a bit of handbags on our coach back to the airport) and in the ground rather than anyone from Schalke who were friendly and courteous throughout.

Thoughts and prayers to the fan in hospital and his family - hoping for a good outcome

Keep fighting Blue

I am surprised by this as well the German fans we met were great and the lack of segregation and beers I thought was ok. I am sorry to hear about the lad and I hope he gets through.

Although I have to say the aggressors I saw were city fans throwing beer at fans Schalke and city and arguing amongst each other. As we were leaving having just scored a winner there were the usual Charlied up young ones pushing each other and threatening to twat each other. Blues.

We went into the Schalke section to leave to avoid them. That’s right we felt safer leaving with the Schalke fans.

It gets worse every time I go. The team is sponsored by etihad a lot of our fans are sponsored by cocaine.

The train journey back to Dusseldorf was exactly the same ten years ago when we played Schalke in the UEFA. It's why I advised that blues should have stayed close to Gelsenkirchen on the evening of the game
If I remember correctly @Bill was on that train
Exactly same coming back from Monchengladbach as well nothing changes.

The lad in the wheelchair was my friends son, enjoying his first Euro trip, and I was stood right next to him in an already packed tram, when the fans barged on. Credit the Schalke fans nearby though, they all made sure he was ok ( he was) and one Schalke fan In particular, made sure we all got off at the right tram stop (the one before the stadium) where disabled access was good and that we were all ok, he then pointed us in the direction of the stadium.

Fans mixing outside the stadium and on the concourse felt a bit odd initially but in reality isn’t this how it should be. Nieve, I know, but no matter how much I dislike Liverpool or or United - would I want to abuse, intimidate or assault their fans - don’t think so.

I was also stood in the section right next to the Schalke fans, so got soaked in beer as the city fans in the glass pen, attempted to hurl their beer in to the Schalke section. Can now see why drinking in view of the pitch is not tolerated in this country.

Tbh I felt more at risk from the hammered city fans ( there’s was a bit of handbags on our coach back to the airport) and in the ground rather than anyone from Schalke who were friendly and courteous throughout.

Thoughts and prayers to the fan in hospital and his family - hoping for a good outcome

Keep fighting Blue
Glad to hear your friend’s son was ok.

As regarding the drink, it could have been coke or orange juice that gets thrown around, still the same affect.
Personally I wouldn’t waste good beer throwing it at the he blonde woman who was causing all the bad feeling

I am surprised by this as well the German fans we met were great and the lack of segregation and beers I thought was ok. I am sorry to hear about the lad and I hope he gets through.

Although I have to say the aggressors I saw were city fans throwing beer at fans Schalke and city and arguing amongst each other. As we were leaving having just scored a winner there were the usual Charlied up young ones pushing each other and threatening to twat each other. Blues.

We went into the Schalke section to leave to avoid them. That’s right we felt safer leaving with the Schalke fans.

It gets worse every time I go. The team is sponsored by etihad a lot of our fans are sponsored by cocaine.

They video their own toxic behaviour and post it online. Totally oblivious to their own cnuntish behaviour.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.