Carabao Cup Final plans

4 of us Flight Edin to Stansted sunday morn,taxi to wembley travelodge hotel 8am to drop bags off , then a uber to JJ moons for breakfast and beer !!!!!!! flight back up monday morn....

Flying in from Dublin Sunday morning but my hotel check in isn't until 3pm. Any suggestions as to where to store a rucksack for the match without having it go to Luton and back?
We normally take a rucksack with overnight stuff into Wembley. I notice that in the supporters info issued by Wembley that bags above A4 size are not allowed inside. No mention of this in the City info that came with the tickets. Will probably chance it and see what happens.

We normally take a rucksack with overnight stuff into Wembley. I notice that in the supporters info issued by Wembley that bags above A4 size are not allowed inside. No mention of this in the City info that came with the tickets. Will probably chance it and see what happens.

Wouldn't advise it. I think it's a flat rule now, but the link below suggests that there is a limited bag drop somewhere.

http://www.thefa.com/news/2018/oct/10/wembley-stadium-new-restricted-bag-policy-101018

We are on the 9:00 train out of Edinburgh Waverley for Kings Cross. Then we will get the Underground to Wembley and check into the Novotel on Wembley Way. We normally use the Ibis but decided to move slightly up market this time.

That will give time to get to the stadium before kick off. It is not really on to get back to Edinburgh on Sunday especially with the possibility of extra time and penalties. We usually have a meal at the little Italian Restaurant near the railway station.

Underground back to Central London on Monday morning to catch the 10:00 train from Kings Cross.

That will be my eighth trip to Wembley since 2013. My best run previously was five visits between 1966 and 1976.

Last edited:
Bit of a warning for East of Manchester / Tamesiders going over Woodhead to pick up the M1 at Sheffield:

Roadworks opposite Dog and Partridge pub on A628 Woodhead Rd. as you go down the hill to the new Flouch roundabout. Luckily there’s a bacon butty stop in the lay-by so if it’s busy you can throw a passenger out whilst queuing.

Same again on A616 Stocksbridge bypass between McDonalds roundabout Tankersley and M1. If lots of traffic you can go North a mile at r/about and pick M1 up at next Junction.

Both controlled by temporary lights as it’s 1 way traffic and should be Okay Sunday morning & night but apparently it was shite yesterday (Thurs) at just gone 9am.

(Message received from Eddie and Joan down the Grapes, to the regiment!)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.