City fan hurt at Schalke - now in UK - msg on P39 (Donation link on P 36)

All the best for the lad's recovery. No one should ever go to a game and not come back, or have a huge delay due to any injury, assault or worse. I hope his family have the support they need - and I believe the City family, fans and those who choose to donate or not, are all praying or wishing their best.

Words can’t express how sad this is. He was no doubt enjoying a great trip then this. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family blue. Let’s hope the culprit is caught and dealt with properly:(

No doubt we have a dickhead element just like any other club but is anyone seriously comparing throwing plastic glasses of beer to what appears to be a totally unprovoked attack on a City fan who is in a critical condition? Last time I checked, a plastic pint pot of beer has never come close to causing that kind of damage to anyone. Try going to a gig where that kind of shit goes on far more than it did last night and sometimes it isn’t beer that’s getting launched.

Personally, I thought the mood in the away end last night turned for the worse when that Schalke fan threw a pint of beer at De Bruyne in the second half.

As much as I love my trips to Germany and never personally had an issue with Schalke fans - Christ, I had a right laugh with them a couple of years ago when myself and the other half were travelling from Munich to Salzburg and we ended up on a train full of Schalke fans who were off to their Europa League game in Salzburg that night - let’s also not forget that the last time we played them in 2008, a tram with some stragglers was attacked by their hooligans at a random station.

I actually think we’re one of the better behaved sets of fans when it comes to European away trips when you consider how much alcohol gets consumed. I didn’t see an ounce of trouble on Tuesday night in Düsseldorf - just hundreds and hundreds of blues partying well into the early hours.

Anyway, I really hope this guy pulls through. No-one should ever go to a football match and not come home.
No doubt we have a dickhead element just like any other club but is anyone seriously comparing throwing plastic glasses of beer to what appears to be a totally unprovoked attack on a City fan who is in a critical condition? Last time I checked, a plastic pint pot of beer has never come close to causing that kind of damage to anyone. Try going to a gig where that kind of shit goes on far more than it did last night and sometimes it isn’t beer that’s getting launched.

Personally, I thought the mood in the away end last night turned for the worse when that Schalke fan threw a pint of beer at De Bruyne in the second half.

As much as I love my trips to Germany and never personally had an issue with Schalke fans - Christ, I had a right laugh with them a couple of years ago when myself and the other half were travelling from Munich to Salzburg and we ended up on a train full of Schalke fans who were off to their Europa League game in Salzburg that night - let’s also not forget that the last time we played them in 2008, a tram with some stragglers was attacked by their hooligans at a random station.

I actually think we’re one of the better behaved sets of fans when it comes to European away trips when you consider how much alcohol gets consumed. I didn’t see an ounce of trouble on Tuesday night in Düsseldorf - just hundreds and hundreds of blues partying well into the early hours.

Anyway, I really hope this guy pulls through. No-one should ever go to a football match and not come home.

Good post
I think its the mentality that people dont get. Anyone who throws anything randomly in to a crowd are sick
As is the **** that has caused this.

Will donate on my return.

Get well soon blue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.